I've been wanting to make some chocolate cupcakes for a long time, chocolate cupcakes for you but I didn't find a recipe for the frosting to be sufficiently light and with enough chocolate at the same time. Of all that I have tried, this is probably the one I like the most, so I hope that you find it as delicious as I do. Notice for those addicted to chocolate: this recipe can be highly addictive and dangerous!
After a walk by the Tomb of Tu Duc, the last emperor of Viet NamI wanted many sweet and never stopped thinking about a delicious chocolate cupcakes.
The chocolate cupcakes are like madeleines only with more flavors than ever before and above all, they are covered with a cream that makes them look nicer You could make them without the cream too, but I assure you that this one is delicious...so it is worth.
For the sponge
- 2 eggs and an egg yolk €0,37
- 115 ml soured cream €0.70
- 80 ml of olive oil €0.25
- 30 ml maple syrup €0.35
- 20 g unsalted butter, melted €0.10
- 80 g of white sugar €0.07
- 80 g of brown sugar (I used whole cane sugar) €0.30
- 120 g flour €0.06
- 50 g of pure cocoa powder without sugar (I used value) €0,20
- 170 g of dark chocolate (I used value) €0.70
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder €0,05
- 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate €0.04
- 1/4 teaspoon salt €0.02
- 40 g of ground almonds €0.25
For the frosting or coverage:
- 30 g dark chocolate €0.22
- 300 g butter at room temperature €1.44
- 200 g icing sugar €0.60
- 2 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract €0.60
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder (it is essential to provide a darker color) €0.25
Total: €5.80 to be divided between 18 cupcakes coming out, are €0.36 per unit. Incredibly delicious and surprisingly cheap!
1. Preheat oven to 180 º
2. In a baking cupcakes tray, put a paper a capsule for Cupcakes in each cavity. I used non-stick spray so that they can then take off more easily, but is not needed. If you do not have a tray don't worry.
3 Melt butter and chocolate together with the oil in the microwave, at intervals of 30 seconds, mixing well each time. Beat the mixture until it is completely smooth and cool.
4. In a medium bowl mix the flour, bicarbonate, yeast, cocoa powder and salt; Beat until well blended.
5. in a large bowl (or bowl of electric mixer like I did), beat the eggs, egg yolk, sugar, sour cream (sour cream), maple syrup and vanilla; beat until soft.
6. Add the chocolate that will have already cooled down and beat until smooth.
7. Add flour and cocoa little by little.
8 Add almond flour and mix well.
9, Fill capsules with the mixture. It is important not to fill them more than half, or the cake will grow too much above the limit of the capsule.
10 Bake for 16 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (the exact time will depend on your oven but time will range from 15 to 19 minutes approximately)
11 Let cool completely on a rack before decorating them with the frosting.
12 now we prepare our cream chocolate or frosting to decorate. Put the chocolate in a Microwave Bowl and melt at intervals of 30 seconds on medium power (which I used and needed only one minute is 640 W). Move well with a spatula so that all pieces are melted well and reserve.
13. In a bowl of an electric mixer, set to beat half the butter on medium speed for about 4 minutes, until butter has changed to a lighter color and is soft and fluffy.
14. Stop the mixer and add the icing sugar. Carefully moving at low speed and increase to medium-high speed once it is all well blended. Beat for 4 minutes more.
15 Then add the cool chocolate and vanilla and beat until everything is well integrated.
16. Finally add the cocoa powder and beat until everything forms an homogeneous mixture.
17 Use a pastry bag with a 1M nozzle to decorate the cupcakes by drawing a circle around our cupcake starting with the outside and ending in the center.
- Use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate
- Add a spoonful of rum or your favorite liqueur to the frosting to get a taste with a different touch
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 18 cupcakes come out approximately
If I don't have maple syrup... can I use agave syrup, that if I have at home?
Hello snow! You can use syrup of agape and even honey, although maple syrup gives it a very rich flavor. A hug and thank you very much for being here with me!!!
Thank you for sharing your recipes.
Look fabulous, thank you for sharing the recipe, I ask that I can substitute the syrup? Thanks a lot. Greetings from Mexico! :)
Hi Pao Zam, clear yes. You can replace it by agave syrup or honey. And if not tiens adds the same amount of blonde candy clear. A greeting and thank you very much for being there. A hug
What SHAWTY! I crave a lot... because I am drooling, is that I love chocolate. In the frosting Indica 30 g of chocolate... seems very little (is that I am very chocolate)... I guess that with the cocoa is still dark as you say... Thank you and greetings from Malaga.
Well thank you for your comment. This is pure death by chocolate and frosting is what I like the most. The 30 g are insufficient because they carry pure cocoa powder. In any case if you want you can add more cocoa powder, but as they are going to die now... lol thank you again and I hope you stay here with me :)
I have made them and they have enchanted us, actually light and chocolatosos are very good. Thank you
Hello Joanna, a lot of which have enjoyed glad. Already said I I were irresistible! Thank you very much for writing me and above all many thanks for being here with me. A hug and I promise to bring you more rich, rich recipes.
I was delighted! It seems fantastic so I took it! A kiss.
As I pleased. Gift you them so enjoy them. A hug and thanks for being here.
Actually I've loved, so I took them, congratulations!
Hello Cristina, a lot I'm glad. They are rich are easy and are very pretty so you could not choose better! Thank you very much for being here with me. A hug
Wow these cupcakes definitely bring a whole new meaning to death by chocolate… they look SO wickedly delicious. Craving one to devour right now – that frosting looks irresistable!
Hi Thalia, many thanks for your comment. Yess definitely these cupcakes are a nice death by chocolate. The frosting is pure chocolate but at the same time it is light. My favorite! Many thanks for your comment and thanks fro being here with me!!
Feel like incarle the tooth to the cupcake. The chocolate frosting, looks completely light. I keep the recipe to make it soon! Thanks a lot.
Hi Beatriz, many thanks to you. Really is that the frosting is delicious. The fact to make it mostly with cocoa powder have that is very light but 100% chocolate at the same time. I glad that you also like you. A hug and thank you very much for being here with me!
Hello! We have tried to make the recipe but there is a small bug in the explanation since that seems that Baba will be putting chocolate, when in the only ingredients you mention cocoa. Could you tell me if so?
Hello Fernanda. Thank you very much for your comment. You have absolutely right! I forgot put dark chocolate carrying! It is now arregrado and the price changed in line with new ingredients. Sorry again the carelessness and thank you for let me know :) A hug and thanks for being here with me!