"Never give up on the things that really make you smile"
If I had to choose a city in the world that stay forever, that would perhaps be London. The last time I went to visit one of my favourite monuments: The Tower of London. You know that I love England and it's funny because the only time that I have not supported this city is when I lived there, but again, I can not visit it again and again.
I am passionate about the United Kingdom. Its streets, its customs and its desserts, one of my favorites is the crumble and is precisely what I bring you today. A delicious crumble ruibarbos oatmeal. It cannot be more british!
For the dough:
1 egg yolk €0.12
2 tablespoons very cold water (and a little more if necessary) €0.01
1 tablespoon vanilla €0.15
200 g of harina0, €10
90 g of sugar €0.07
A pinch of salt €0.01
125 g of cold butter cut into cubes €0.57
For the filling:
- 500 g cut into cubes ruibarbos €2.50
- 70 g water €0.01
- 15 gr of flour €0.01
- 160 gr of sugar €0,13
- For the crumble:
- 65 g flour 0.03
- 100 gr of sugar 0.08
- 125 g of butter at temperature ambient €0.57
- 30 g of oat flakes €0.15
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon €0.03
Total €4.54 divided among the 8 generous servings that come out of this cake, comes to €0.57 the portion. Few desserts with a taste so refreshing for so little money!
1. in a bowl, mix the egg yolk, cold water and vanilla and beat with the help of a fork.
2. in bowl of electric mixer, mix the flour with the salt and sugar.
3. Add the cold butter cut into cubes and mix hasa that consistency is sandy.
4 Add egg yolk mixture and mix until you get a US dough consistency. If you need to add a little more flour or water to a soft dough. Cover the mould with this mass. It is not necessary to grease it because having much butter this mass us and sticks.
5 Preheat oven to 175 ° C and prepare the filling.
6. cut the ruibarbos in pieces of 2 cm approximately.
7. in a bowl, mix the flour and sugar in the filling.
8. Add water and the ruibarbos and mix well.
9 pour onto the crust.
10. in a large bowl combine all ingredients of the crumble and with the fingertips mix butter. You must have a texture as from arena gorda.
11. carefully cover with our rocks of crumble cake.
12 bake for about 35-45 minutes... and go!
- If you want to replace the ruibarbos with other fruit you can do it but you have to pass it before through the pan to soften it.
- Replaced by figs or rhubarb figs decreasing by one third of the stuffing sugar
- Add a little nutmeg to crumble and get a more autumnal touch
- Use the prepared pastry sold in supermarkets if you want a cake ready
- Level of difficulty: medium
- Preparation time: 50 minutes
- Servings: 12
- I recommend accompanarla for an iced coffee. Only have to add a little liquid saccharin to taste (cold sugar dissolves poorly) and a handful of crushed ice. Rich and refreshing.