So the children have feet on the ground, should have placed some responsibility on the shoulders
These lentils are soft and delicious cooked before the traditional and very creamy. I bought them in the Peace Market on one of my trips to Madrid. I always take to bring me those vegetables that are hard to find around here. On your next visit to Madrid include it in your diaries and gives you a turn, even even if your idea is not to buy... though I warn you, you can end up like me whenever I go, with the suitcase full of goodies on the way home.
Now that we have passed the holidays need to put weight on your website, but is not yet time to enjoy with salads, cold and legumes help significantly to balance our diet, so I propose a simple but good bowl of spoon. That if, for the stronger flavors (like my husband), and since we talk about products quality... do know that he/she will Pearl? A magnificent hooligan's Leon The result?... awesome!
- 500 gr. of black lentils (also called beluga caviar). It is an original lentil from Asia girl of black color which is very fine and much faster to cook. Shouldn't have it to soak the night before (if we soak will lose a bit of their beautiful black so as much put it two hours). They are the lentils with more protein of all and have lots of fiber. Delicious. €4,50
- 1 large white onion or two small €0,30
- 3 cloves of garlic €0.15
- 2 Bay leaves €0.05
- 2 teaspoons of paprika from la Vera Dulce (I I put ecological). Paprika here plays a fundamental role, since we are not going to add more ingredients or seasonings, so I recommend that you use one kind of Vera because it is more expensive than normal, there are a lot difference of flavor and aroma €0.25
- 150 ml. extra virgin olive oil €0.60
- Water €0.15
- 1 level measuring of meat concentrate. Here's a sample €0,24
- a bit of chorizo to give flavor to your liking. I went them one Super made Sausages Entrepeñas in Leon, a sausage factory craft with a wide variety of products. Sweet sausage made it with a mass of lean pork, paprika from La Vera Bacon, salt and garlic steamed. By the way, they have an original super product which is a sausage spread of high quality. Now I'll talk about it. €0,50
- Total €6.74, or what is the same, €1.70 per person, ideal for these dates of the slope of January.
1. finely chop onions and garlic. Everything we can to avoid find us then large chunks, as well as the garlic chop onions.
2. in a saucepan, put to heat the oil over medium heat. When it is hot, add chopped onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes over low heat until the onion is soft but not brown.
3. Add paprika and leave toast slightly until the pepper off all its aroma.
4. then add the small saucepan of broth concentrate and stir until it is completely incorporated into the rest of ingredients.
5. then add the Bay leaves and lentils and sauté for a couple of minutes over low heat so that all the flavors are well integrated.
6 cover pan with water. The water level should be two fingers above the lentils, but you must bear in mind that we will have to add more water (always cold) as they are cooking until you try them and find them soft. It is important that lentils do not reach boil strong which will prevent the skin is off of the lentils.
7. the lentils will be ready in an hour and a half approximately. It is important not to move them much while cooking and add water little by little so that at no time during the cooking, they are dry.
8. last this time lentils will be ready. As I mentioned at the beginning, I added them white rice and sweet sausage from Leon. Spectacular!
- 1 you can do more if you want because it freezes very well. Spread it in tuppers. Then you heat up in the micro
- 2. If you like other sausage or pork, don't hesitate to add them. But if you prefer a vegetarian lentils only you have to skip the sausage.
- 3. you can eat them the same day that you make them but the next day the flavor will be more settled and there are some who say that they are even more tasty.
- 4. If you prefer that they are with more broth, simply add the indicated water twice at the beginning and add as you go by evaporating. So you will get to be more soupy
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 1 hour and a half approximately
- Seating: 4 persons
- A large bowl of spoon is merce a good red. For this occasion I bring Carmelo Rodero 9 months (in French and American oak barrels). I enjoyed it this Christmas, and as usual, he found it perfect. 100% tempranillo grape. This red wine Ribera del Duero never fails. Its price, €9,80.