I love this Tempura de vieiras with chutney of herbs. Already is that fried foods are not too healthy and that we should not abuse, but for me, as Malaga who I am, a good fry It is a pleasure like few others.
And there are plenty of foods that I like French also of course of pescaíto frito which I fan with a good salad.: croquettes, breaded fillets which do not miss my picnis Beach and the Tempura as this scallop Tempura, they are among my favorite fried foods.
The tempura batter is a traditional Japanese that you can use with vegetables, meat, fish and seafood and whose origin they say that it is Portuguese.
On tempura o témpura He has already been said almost everything. If this flour or that, if water or beer (used in the mixture orly for shrimp). But for tempera paints them as this scallop Tempura, to my love to use the flours of Santa Rita, which are very easy to use and always work me.
Most importantly already use flours or not, is that the water is very cold, almost frozen for that to the freiría is crispy and light. Theirs is to serve with some sauce. You can serve it with tofu but this chutney from Herbs It will perfectly accompany our scallops Tempura enhancing flavours and providing a fresh touch. I love and why today share it with you.
For the chutney
- 2 cups fresh cilantro €1.00
- 1/2 cup chives €0.25
- 2 to 3 Serrano chiles or jalapenos €0.35
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil €0.07
- 1 tablespoon and a half of fresh ginger peeled €0.25
- a lime juice €0.40
- 2 tablespoons water €0.02
- 6 scallops (can use them frozen to that they are that I bought) €6,00
- salt and pepper €0.03
- 100 ml of water very cold almost frozen €0.8
- 80g Santa Rita Eastern Tempura Flour 0.33
- oil for frying - I always use extra virgin olive oil €0,75
Total 10,25 € sue between 6 parts that you will need are € 1.70 per unit. Mouthful of gods!
1. in a bowl of electric mixer, mix all chutney ingredients and using an electric mixer or a food processor, blend well until obtaining a cream smooth. Reserve in a bowl.
2. in a bowl, mix the nearly icy water with Eastern tempura flour or beat with a few rods until there are no lumps
3. heat oil in a frying pan.
4. when, oil is very hot (180 degrees), pass scallops by the mixture of tempura and you freís, making Browning on both sides. Go to absorbent paper.
5. serve with chutney
- Serve accompanied by vegetable tempura
- Make a skewer with vegetables for main course and serve accompanied by salad
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6