"Only the eyes retain their youth"
Tartiflette with puff in Spanish
The tartiflette It is a French recipe from the region of Savoie and Haute-Savoie, of which there are many versions. The original contains cheese, reblochon, potatoes, onions, bacon, cream, pepper, sometimes some white wine, and is served all melted together.
Its name comes from tartifla, which means potato in arpitan Savoyard. In fact, the recipe was invented and reported by the interprofessional Union of the reblochon, in the 1980s, to double the sales of this cheese. It was a success and all the Saboyardos nowadays feel identified with this dish. It's a "new" way of cooking the Reblochon cheese: in principle ingredients salteaban directly in a pan, but now gratinan baked improving their presentation and appearance.
He had just received my molde for Emile Henry pie and many wanted and expected. However, the day before I prepared a cheesecake of oreos, so there was no place for another sweet cake, and was encouraged with a salt.
Thinking and thinking I was reminded of the tartiflette, although the "official" version is not a cake and not wearing puff pastry, you know I am... never am able to make a recipe as it is!
The original recipe has cheese, Reblochon, a cheese very creamy French with a characteristic flavor, and expensive (the part that you need costs 10 euros approximately). They normally have in the English Court, but that day he had them and I was not willing to stop doing the cake (water was me mouth), I did it with cheese Briethat also is doing very well, although I admit that the flavor changes with the Reblochon.
Anyway I hope you will bother to do it. This recipe serves for the version without puff. If you don't want to put this mass, you have to follow the recipe but oiling furnace mould and placing the filling directly on the mold. And finally, if you like cheese, don't forget dessert, take a look at my (Cheesecake) white chocolate cheesecake.
Forward to the kitchen will be able to make the recipe?
- Difficulty level: intermediate
For 4 people
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- 3 medium potatoes €0,39
- 2 fresh sweet onions €0.45
- 1 sheet of puff pastry refrigerated (to me the most I like is how you know that sold at Lidl) €1.29
- 200 grams of bacon into strips €0.60
- olive oil, salt and black pepper €0.35
- 1 wedge of Brie cheese €1,30
- 1 tablespoon and a half of liquid cream €0.20
- 1 tablespoon and a half of white wine that is not fine or Chamomile (normally you can substitute white wine for fino or manzanilla but in the case of this recipe taste changes completely. so I do not recommend. If you don't have white wine not do it). €0.25
Total €4.83 between four people €1.21. A very original and delicious recipe. An ideal pie for dinner-informal with friends and children.
- Knives and cutting boards
- Mold suitable for the furnace
This dish goes well with a white wine. There are plenty of national varieties and foreign that you can choose, but as always I propose you my choice: a Rueda white wine: white wine Rueda clásico Sanz. The winery Sanz is one of the oldest wheel, with five generations on their backs. Its grape is composed of varieties: Verdejo, Sauvignon Blanc, Viura and Tempranillo. €2.39
1 grease the ovenproof pan and place the puff pastry on top.
2 click it and placed on weight so that you do not climb (you can use raw chickpeas but I have these hearts that my son gave me). Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes. Book.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes into slices and put them to cook in salted water.
4. cut the spring onions into thin wheels and sauté them in a little oil in a frying pan.
5. When are onions tender add the bacon into strips and saute until the bacon is good golden brown.
6. once it is well browned remove from heat and reserve.
7. drain the potatoes of water well once they are soft.
Once the potatoes are ready we need to prepare without wasting time our cake so that content is not cool. The cake will return only baked for 10 minutes, but if the potatoes are cold we have to leave the cake in the oven for longer so they heat well.
8. in a glass, put the cream with white wine and mix with a fork or a spoon. Book.
9 take the baked puff pastry and start with the installation of our tartiflette.
10. put a layer of potatoes, salt and pepper.
11 cover with onions and bacon.
11 put another layer of potatoes. Add salt and pepper.
12. pour the contents of the glass on the potato cake.
13 cut the wedge of Brie cheese in slices and cover our cake with them.
14 Hornar at 190 degrees for about 10-15 minutes until cheese is browned. Serve immediately.
Very appealing. As it is usual in this imaginative Cook, the presentation is spectacular and creates school. It greatly facilitates the preparation of good dishes to weekend cooks
Thank you!. We will calmly that the beautiful is the way. Thank you for your words of support. A kiss!
I loved this easy dish, different and perfect to enjoy with friends!
Thanks a lot. I hope that you do it and tell me how it has fared. A strong kiss. Loleta