"Boredom has cure if you have friends who can help you."
Basilicata is a region of Italy that it is embedded between the lands of Calabria and Apulia, in the southern part of the country. It forms the concave side of the boot, to the shores of the Tyrrhenian Sea. It is a not very well-known region you must be wanting to reach because it is not by chance, however, the traveller discovers a peaceful place that rarely will find any tourist.
It is a fertile land that makes living together meat vegetables set out in the region: beans, potatoes, artichokes, peppers, and as not, eggplant. It is a very aromatic based on local products, very suitable for vegetarians to include different varieties of plant and vegetable-based dishes, ideal for lovers of food and Mediterranean and lovers.
Another essential ingredient is its spicy paprikaThey call that "little Red Devil", omnipresent in all the dishes, and hence their famous throughout Italy, sausage of Lucania (as it has been called to the region in the past) are sausages prepared with pork of first quality, salt, pepper, and fennel.
Among the variety of vegetable dishes that offers its cuisine, I made a simple adaptation and personnel with Eggplant. The original recipe did not include the sun-dried tomatoes, but I found good idea to enrich it with this touch, and think that I was right. Podries see, is a dish entirely Mediterranean, healthy and exquisite, suitable for a first at a lunch, or only at dinner. A summer and very easy way to feed adequately.
Are you ready to go to the kitchen? Let's go to the kitchen!
- Level of difficulty: easy
For 4 people
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 4 medium eggplants €0.89
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes €0.45
- 2 cloves of garlic €0.08
- 1 parsley circulatory €0.12
- a few basil leaves €0,20
- olive oil, salt and black pepper €0.35
- a little (75 g) mozzarella cheese, grated €0,50
Total €2.59 between four people 0, €65. A healthy, simple and delicious recipe.
- Knives and cutting boards
- A pan or Pyrex that can go in the oven.
This dish goes well with a rosé wine. To my I love the Mateus Rossea Portuguese wine which is taken very cold and that you will love. It is a young, fresh wine, fruity and versatile. It is excellent in snacks, and ideal to accompany Chinese and Italian meals, BBQ, salads, fish, €3.64
1 turn on the oven to 180º.
2. Remove eggplants Cape (tail with green leaves) and wash them well. Cut them in half lengthwise, salt them and put them on a plate inclined with a weight over order to absorb all the bitter water.
3. finely chop parsley, basil leaves and garlic.
4 rinse the Eggplant well, dry them and make some cuts at the top, in which insert the chopping of herbs in each half.
5. place them cut side up, side in a baking dish greased with oil. Put the chopped Sun-dried tomatoes. Bake at 180 degrees for at least 30 minutes until it felt soft to prick them.
6 turn on the grill of the oven. Cover eggplants with a little cheese, shredded mozzarella and red pepper until they are golden on top. A dish easy, rich, and very light, now that we are in full operation bikini. Ideal for summer recipes.