One of the best things that happened to me on my last visit to New York was to coincide with Dani García, reputed chef with 2 stars Michelin and 3 Suns Repsol, from Malaga like me,and to whom I have a special affection as well as all the admiration of the world. I was lucky enough to spend a few hours with him along which he gave me his list of must haves for the city, those places that don't always come in guides and who only know those who live the city butt. The list contained this chicken with foie gras of goose that leaves you speechless.
We had already gone for the brunch at the Hotel Nomad, but Dani's recommendation was to go for the chicken in Atrium . In the No-Mad Hotel, which I have already told you about and in which I had a truffled foie gras chicken that is probably the best chicken I have had in my life.
This recipe today tries to emulate the chicken that I took. The result is not exactly the same because I used a large chicken (1.2 kg approximately) and theirs is a 2 portion chicken (700 g approximately), from an organic Amish farm in Pennsylvania, but I assure you that it is very rich and is more than original. Since I did it the first time, it is in my list of essentials to repeat as much as possible: chicken filled with foie gras, brioche and truffle.
The skin has to be perfect, without any holes or brokers, so that the filling is kept inside the skin. That's the first key to get a perfect roasted chicken. The heat will do the rest: it will melt the fat of the foie gras along with truffles, and the brioche will help not to lose the flavour and get into the meat of the chicken, making it soft, juicy and delicious. Only thinking about it makes my mouth water!
- 1 chicken. You know that I use the CUK because I love them. It is ecological and the difference is noticeable €8,00
- 200 g of duck liver: foie gras mi-cuit or fresh but must be of very good quality €6,00
- 3 brioche rolls €0.80
- 3 black truffles €3,50
- a few grains of pink pepper €0.15
- a lemon €0.18
- a few sprigs of Rosemary €0,20
- Himalayan pink salt (you can use the type of salt that you like but this one has a delicate and nice taste) €0.10
- 30 g melted butter €0,20
Total €19.13 for a chicken that I assure you, you will never forget, and that per serving makes €3.18. Delicious and delicate. There is no other like chicken
1 Preheat oven to 230 degrees
2. In order to prepare the filling, we need the foie at room temperature so that it can be well blended with the other ingredients.
3. Grate the rolls and truffles with the help of a fine grater. Also add truffles liquid to the mixture.
4. Add the foie into pieces and mix well until you get a paste. I used a latex glove and I did it by hand because it seemed the easiest way to do this for a completely homogeneous dough. Once the mixture is uniform, pass it to a pastry bag. Put aside.
5. Place the lemon together with some salt and a couple of sprigs of Rosemary inside the chicken.
6. With the help of the hand, slowly separate the skin off the chicken meat. The filling must be placed between the skin and the meat of the chicken. With the help of a pastry bag, fill the thighs and breasts with our foie gras, truffles and brioche mixture.
7. Once it is filled, truss the chicken by tying it with legs well together and leave it on the fridge for a few hours so that foie is not melted with the heat of the kitchen.
8. Using a pastry brush, paint with a little butter (you can also use EVOO extra virgin olive oil)
9 Crush the pink pepper and salt from the Himalayas in a mortar. Sprinkle the chicken.
10 Bake at 230 degrees until the skin starts to golden. Then lower the temperature to 180 degrees and continue baking until the chicken is completely done (the total time will depend on the size of the chicken but will be around 80 minutes)
- use a smaller chicken
- Take advantage of the oven time and add some potatoes to the oven tray. You will get roasted potatoes as well as a roasted chicken. Wrap them in aluminum foil to avoid burnt potatoes.
- Add more flavor by adding a bit of brandy instead of the liquid of truffles
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Servings: six
Watch that there are versions of roasted chicken... but this did not know it, and seems to me extraordinary and luxury. With your permisito I copy it I
Well I'm glad a lot you liked. Test to do so that you will see what rico. A hug and thank you very much for being here with me.
I'm Elena, who won the toss that BRA hicisstes, was only to tell you that I made the chicken with foie gras but with picantones for new year's Eve dinner. It was a pleasure to recipe, a food of the gods... We loved it.
I see that you will leave channel kitchen, good luck. I'll record all your programs.
Hello Elena! Well I'm glad a lot. With picantones it must be awesome! Thank you very much for your comment and let me know what you think of the program! A hug