The Moroccan Pastilla with chicken and almonds is one of the favorite dishes at home. To my love to prepare it as an appetizer for Christmas with quail and dates, but this today is that more like my son that when I takes several to school to hand out and becomes the King of the dining room.
The Moroccan Pastilla with chicken and almonds is a very typical dish of Morocco, and together with the cous cous vegetable is my favorite dish in gastronomy
I do the Moroccan Pastilla with chicken and almonds in individual portions, but you can prepare it in family size if you prefer it. It is faster, but my I like more, present it in the form of cigar, and... for my son is easier to share them! If what you seek is to make a great chicken Pastilla, you will have to overcome at least three layers of pasta filo on top each other by rotating each one a bit, so that is a large surface of pasta filo. Then you put the filling in the Center and came as a mezzanine, returning all probes of the dough to the Center, and horneáis in the same way that explains the recipe.
The Moroccan Pastilla with chicken and almonds is a delicious sweet and savory mixture of Moorish spices cinnamon, fruit and meat, a Moorish dish that the South is very popular and you can prepare at home without any difficulty. The crisp touch of pasta filo ends give texture to a dish that if you haven't, you'll fall in love with, and if you like it, are going to do a thousand times because you will discover how easy that is.
- 125 g of sliced almonds
- 50 g butter
- 60 ml oil
- 1 kg of chopped skinless chicken
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ras the hanoot
- 5 dried apricots
- 4 prunes
- A handful of raisins
- half a liter of chicken stock
- icing sugar
- salt pepper
- 3 eggs
- 50 g melted butter
- 10 sheets of pasta filo
- icing sugar for sprinkling
1. on a frying pan, Brown the almonds in a teaspoon of oil. Drain oil and reserve.
2. in a saucepan, Brown the chicken pieces into the butter and oil. Add the chopped onion and honey with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and flush the hanoot. Brown well and add salt and pepper. Add the apricots, prunes, and very chopped raisins and return
3 cover with chicken broth and cook over heat until the broth has almost evaporated.
4 past this time, remove the chicken keeping the stock. Remove skin and bones from chicken. Shred and reserve.
5 return to the fire and add almonds. Mix well and remove from heat. Let tuning.
6. preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
7 beat eggs omelette, and pepper. Mix with chicken and fried almonds.
8. place a sheet of pasta filo on the work surface and cut into 2 strips. At the beginning of each strip, place a layer of the chicken mixture. Close the package forming a cigar.
9 paint the surface with melted butter. Bake 20 minutes (until the filo sheets are crisp and Golden).
10 sprinkle with icing sugar and a pinch of ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
- If you prefer make a large rather than make them individual
- You can freeze them before baking by wrapping them in plastic wrap
- Difficulty: easy
- Prep time 35 minutes
- Servings: 20