These potatoes unpeeled with Mojo Picón sauce of the Canary Islands I love. They are an easy dish that I solve those times in which suddenly someone comes to dinner because they are a rich snack and that almost prepares only.
Probably the potatoes unpeeled with Mojo Picon is the most popular dish of the Canary Islands, at least for those who don't live there. I remember much my friend Carmen. She went on for a long time spent their holidays there and is in love with its gastronomy and my seems to me that these potatoes unpeeled with Mojo Picón sauce are all an imno Canary. The sauce in this recipe is my version and although it is not which make there I assure you that in my house they fly whenever I prepare them.
The secret of the potatoes unpeeled with Mojo Picón sauce of the Canary Islands is in the arrugao of the potatoes Besides that in the sauce accompanying them, the mojo. The potatoes have to be quality and tiny, and although I have not been able to find the authentic Canary Islands there, the tiny garrison that exist in almost every supermarket and local shops are well. Today we do them with a mojo Picón, red and spicy because you know that at home we like rock & roll, made with paprika, but you can do it without chilli if not the spicy I really like. There is also another Green mojo that has a base of cilantro, but my I like the potatoes unpeeled with Mojo Picón sauce.
When I prepare it I do enough quantity because it is conserved for a long time in the fridge. Use it to potatoes you unpeeled but also usually it take with potato chips bag in the afternoons and football, or when friends come home and we improvised a pecking.
- 1 kilo of potatoes small €2.13
- Water €0.03
- 150 g of salt fat €0.03
For the Mojo Picón sauce
- 4 cloves of garlic €0,13
- 1 cayenne pepper (I I put 2 because I like very spicy) €0.02
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder €0.14
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika from la Vera tureens €0.28
- salt to taste €0.01
- a little black pepper freshly ground €0.05
- 150 g extra virgin olive oil €0.60
- 15 g of sherry vinegar €0.10
Total 3.52 for a tape or 6 with which you will be 10
1. wash potatoes well and put them in a pan covered with coarse salt and water.
2 bring to boil until the potatoes have softened by pricking them with a knife. The mine were very tiny and did not need more than 15 minutes.
3. drain the water and leave to dry with steam (in less than 1 minute will be dry). return the pan to the fire. When it is hot, add a little salt and pepper and return potatoes.
4. on medium heat leave the skin wrinkling, slowly moving them. Will take you about 5 minutes but be careful because if the fire is too strong, the skin can burn. remove from the heat
5. to make the sauce blend all ingredients with the help of a food processor (can also be in a mortar)
6 serve the potatoes with mojo apart.
- The sauce goes well with meats
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 6
Important. Do not remove the skin to potatoes, there are to eat them with her. (Although perhaps it should be clean them a little outside salt, that already depends on the "consumer").
Clear the potatoes unpeeled are eaten with the skin. Thanks for the note and thank you for being here with me :) Have a happy day
Great Mojo Picón sauce... I didn't know it was so easy to prepare... I'll try to make it according to your recipe, but that Yes, removing the chilies, that my rather that don't like you to be very spicy. A greeting and thanks for sharing!
Maybe Paula seems to me perfect. You'll see that even without chili you love. Thank you for writing me. Big kiss