The mousse chocolate is a dessert that I love. In my grandmother's House was not missing (she was an exceptional Cook, as well as a woman ahead of her time in many aspects), and even when my grandfather died, she decided to stop cooking, my mother and my aunt continued the tradition. I remember as if it were yesterday and when I was little and my mother prepared it every Christmas for a family meal that all tend to have those days. A lot of egg shells in the countertop in the kitchen, a delicious chocolate smell and already not I needed more to hear the electric mixer to know that what was cooking was this chocolate mousse.
It is a recipe that is very simple, and the few that I is memory with only four ingredients: the quantity of eggs that you want to use, half their weight in chocolate, sugar and butter. Nothing more.
This has always been one of the favorite family recipes. Does cream, butter, which helps the egg whites which is very common in the modern mousses, and instead leads to not download and endure perfect up to 3 days in the fridge. It is a very easy recipe (for this reason there is no step by step) that you'll love. Sweet and soft with a delicious taste of chocolate. You want to repeat it again and again. I am sure!
- 7 eggs (which I used weighed 460 g) €0.87
- 230 g butter €1.20
- 230 g of chocolate (I used half black and half milk) €1.30
- 230 g of sugar and a pinch of salt €0.18
Total 3.55 for 12 servings of the best chocolate mousse that you have done at home. You'll see it...
1. melt the chocolate with the butter and let
2. whisk the egg yolks with sugar (reserve 2 tablespoons for the egg whites), until they are foamy. Mix with the chocolate cream. It is very important that the chocolate is not hot since it would lower the yolks foam.
3. beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and two tablespoons of sugar until they form strong peaks.
4. mix the egg whites with the cream of chocolate with a spatula carefully of that will not go down.
5 cool in the refrigerator at least 3 hours. Serve with a few wafers or cookies
- Do this in advance and freeze it. Then let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and have it perfect the next day
- Serve with a waffle or a pasta
- Difficulty: low
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus time of cold
- Servings: 10