My mother always used to say that she does not like chocolate cakes.She loves cakes but not if there where chocolate, "until you started to make them" she says now. And it is true that it is probably in chocolate cakes where the quality of ingredients is a key. As in these death by chocolate cupcakes.
A good butter and vanilla are the most, but when a good cocoa and a good chocolate difference is abysmal. Why you always say that you use the brand you want, but you always look the amount of pure cocoa. A cocoa powder you must be pure cocoa, and if we talk about a dark chocolate, we must bear in mind that you must have at least 51% of pure cocoa. This is the secret of the good Brownies, a good chocolate is what will make our dessert Grand or to pass unnoticed. Then you decide the intensity of flavor, more or less percentage of pure cocoa, but it is essential that we use true chocolate and not substitutes.
I prepared the recipe that I bring you today for my nieces to celebrate Easter, and it was a success. This cupcake is more elaborate than usual because it has three layers of coverage, but it is so spectacular that it is worth the work. To make it more bearable, I do two dozens and I freeze some, so I have them at hand when someone comes for coffee or when suddenly I have a sudden craving for calories and chocolate. I hope you like them
- 260 g all-purpose flour €0,13
- 420 g of sugar €0.38
- 90 g of pure cocoa powder €1,26
- 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate €0.03
- 1/2 teaspoon salt €0.01
- 250 g of unsalted butter €1,15
- 4 large eggs €0.50
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract €0.30
- 250 ml of instant hot coffee (I use decaffeinated) €0,20
For the chocolate topping
- 150 g dark chocolate (I use it to 51% cocoa because my son dislikes strong dark chocolate and cupcakes are already pure cocoa) €0.80
- 100 ml fresh cream €0.35
- 100 g chopped crocanti almonds €0,99
For the cream cheese frosting
- 400 g of icing sugar €1,40
- 200 g butter at room temperature €0,92
- 200 g of cream cheese (I put half cheese cream and half of mascarpone cheese) €0.80
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (which also stains the cream to give a nice color) €0.30
Total €9.52 posed between 24 cupcakes coming out, €0.34 per unit a bargain!
1.Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is creamy and it has changed color.
2. Then add the sugar and beat until the cream is uniform.
3 Add eggs one by one so that everything is well mixed.
4. In a bowl, put the flour, cocoa powder, salt and yeast. Gradually add to egg mixture by two tablespoons and making sure it is well integrate before adding more flour. Bring what remains stuck to the walls with the help of a spatula.
5. Add the vanilla and the hot coffee and continue to mix until the cream is smooth and uniform.
6 Distribute in paper capsules and bake for about 15-18 minutes until a toothpick, comes out clean.
7 Prepare the cheese frosting by mixing all the ingredients well: start with butter and icing sugar.. Beat at low speed first, and when the sugar is mixed with butter, speed up to medium-high until cream is uniform. Then add the vanilla and cheese and continue mixing on medium speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
8 Cover the cupcakes (muffins) with a thin layer and freeze for a couple of hours at least (I leave them overnight and use them the next day.
9. for chocolate sauce, heat the cream to a boil and add sugar. When the sugar is dissolved, pour over chocolate and with the help of a spatula, stir until the cream is uniform. Go bathing the top of Cupcakes with chocolate and handing out some almonds chopped at the edges. Back to put them in the freezer for 30 minutes.
10 put in a sleeve pastry bag the rest of the cream cheese with the nozzle of grass and forming nests. Put some sugared colors in the Center to form our small nests. What leverage!
- If you prefer you can cover just Cupcakes with your favorite cream. The cake is of itself delicious
- Decorate with a rose nozzle instead of with this grass tip and take them at any time of the year
- Difficulty: medium
- Preparation time: 1 hour and a half
- Servings: 28 cupcakes