Finally and after all, tomorrow is another day
After premiado for La Opinión de Málaga and Sabor a Málaga (November 2013)
One of the small pleasures that enables us to travel, and more over short distances, are the rural getaways. A few months ago we enjoyed one of them in the Serrania de Ronda, But if you also do unique activities to liven up the room, better than best. One that we made that we loved it all, was the visit we did one morning to the Bodega Vetas. After having already been in several wineries in the area of Rioja and Ribera, had a huge desire to enjoy a winery here...
Both field and both wine opens appetite. When we returned to the House, we had prepared some delicious toast with pork loin in lard. Food field. Home-cooked food. Malaga food. Fancy food...
Dare with this characteristic recipe? Sure all you have your unique way of doing this... but if you've never tried it, here all its secrets exposed. It is very simple, all you need is a day to marinate.
- 1 kilo of pork €4.50
- 2 tablespoons full of oregano €0.10
- 1 kilo of pork lard €3.44
- 1 / 2 tablespoon sweet paprika €0.15 (but can go to taste)
- 1 head of garlic crushed €0,20
- a pinch of salt €0.02
- a pinch of thyme €0.10
- half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of water €0.15
Total €8.66, almost nothing for a dish that taste as an aperitif up to 10 people for only €0.86 ration.
1 clean the pork loin very well so it is not no fat, and sliced it to taste, bigger or smaller pieces. I cut them little ones because I feel more comfortable to spread them or serve them... eat without feeling!
2 crush the cloves of garlic. Peel and give a few hits in the mortar.
3. in a bowl (I used a glass bowl), put the meat of pork loin, oregano, crushed garlic, salt, thyme, half a cup of vinegar and half a cup of water. It will remove everything and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
4 past 24 hour drain the back and remove the garlic.
5. While in a pan we melt the butter over low heat. When melted, add the pork and let it cook over medium heat until it becomes, and the stock has been used. You need to try the back once the meat is done, and if it seems to us that it is still too soft you can add a little of the broth of maceration, although I added a splash of vinegar.
6 when the spine is well golden brown, add the paprika to taste, according to "blush" butter you want. It becomes the latest so it won't burn and bitter.
7 move a couple of minutes and remove from heat.
8 pass to a vessel of glass or plastic with a lid. If it is a covered tupper, you shouldn't change it later and directly you can keep in the fridge.
It will take a few hours to make butter harden, but that's if you can. In my house normally, for when the lard has hardened and is only half!.
9. serve as an appetizer on a few slices of white bread or people or accompanying fried eggs with potatoes and peppers that is eating into sales of the Montes de Malaga. Simply... delicious!.
- Since you're going to make this recipe, I recommend making at least 2 kilos of meat, butter in half a kilo more. Is preserved very well for weeks in the fridge since own butter acts as a preservative and draws from many troubles when it comes to the aperitif, accompaniment, dinner... even breakfast
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 24 hours of maceration 40 min.
- Servings: 10
- What better choice for this tasty tenderloin that a good broth Wineries Vetas? As we go snack, take a Grain selection 2006 (Breeding) with blends of grapes Cabernet Sauvignon 40%, Cabernet Franc 40% and Petit Verdot 20% that make it majestic. Its price, that Yes, for a special occasion, but I assure you that it deserves the penalty €30,65.
Very good article, a tip for those who are to diet, in the summer put equal, but in a piece and in olive oil,
I forgot, I cut them into slices
Thank you Virginia. A good way to be able to take it all year round. I'm me. Big kiss!
I love the loin in butter, I will make the recipe, thank you
What an illusion Soledad! You'll tell me. A hug