"The future has many names. For the weak is the unattainable. For the fearful, the unknown. The opportunity is for the braves"
This Neapolitan lasagna was one of the first recipes on the blog. And although today I bring it to you with updated photos, it is actually April 2013 and it was the first dish that Javi prepared us at home on his own.
He had just made the First Communion and as a gift asked for a cooking course "of the real mom". So this recipe is the sign that in life wanting is power.
Since then we have prepared it a thousand times and it is still her favorite. Well, everyone's and ed the perfect recipe to put a smile on our face all the time.
Neapolitan lasagna, with the southern touch that replaces, among others, minced meat with delicious meatballs and a Neapolitan ragout that will make you dream. We go to the kitchen to complete a lasagna that will leave you excited. Let's get to work!
For the meatballs:
- 1 kilo minced meat that is half veal and half pork
- 1 slice bread soaked in milk or water
- 150g parmesan or grated grana padano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (if you don't have fresh you can add some dried parsley, but it's better fresh parsley)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- half teaspoon of nutmeg
- a little salt
- olive oil for frying
For the Assembly of lasagna:
- 3 eggs
- 200 gr provola cheese (provolone if it can be smoked, if we do not find it we can replace it with shredded mozzarella cheese)
- lasagna noodles
- 1/2 kg of tomatoes from the ragout. If you have made ragout, I recommend that you try it but in any case, then you can use a homemade fried tomato as you like.
- 100g grated reggiano Parmesan cheese or grana padano
For the bechamel:
- 120 g flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 litre hot milk
- freshly ground black pepper
So, in summary makes a total of €13.01 for ten guests, resulting in a cost of €1,30 per person. Delicious and original Italian dish of truth
1.Cocer pasta for lasagna. You can also purchase it from which it sold prematurity which only need to soak with hot water and does not require cooking. That is what I use normally and going very well (I the use of the mark the Turkey). Book.
2. Cook the eggs until they are hard and chop. Book onto a plate.
3. grate with a fat shredder which so provolone and set aside in a bowl.
4. in a bowl, mix all ingredients for meatballs and knead with your hands.
5 make a very tiny meatballs. They must be the size of a euro or more tiny.
6 fry the Meatballs in plenty of hot olive oil. It is important to not pass the Meatballs in flour.
7 put the meatballs on a plate with a paper towel so they miss the oil in excess. Book.
8 we are going with the bechamel sauce: in a saucepan in the vitro put a tablespoon of oil and butter to fire medium. When it is hot add the flour by moving a few rods that do not burn until it has a golden color and a paste is made.
9 go slowly adding milk non-stop moving with the rods. Add a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. To my personally I like to know to nutmeg, but go anadiendola just because we can move on and can become slightly bitter.
10 Cook the béchamel sauce for 5 minutes more until to try it, don't know to flour and you notice that it is well-done. Book.
11 lubricate with a little oil a refractory Pyrex (serving oven).
12. put a layer of tomato sauce Ragù or you are going to use.
13. place a layer of lasagne pasta.
14 Add a layer of chopped hard-boiled egg and over them a layer of béchamel sauce.
15 Add a layer of provola (provolone) shredded.
16 Add a layer of fried dumplings and a layer of fried tomato ragout.
17 cover with another layer of dough and flatten slightly to make it compact.
18.Cubrir with a bit of bechamel and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
Let me know because it is spectacular!
Tips and Tricks
- Try to spice up or season the meatballs with the foods you like best: garlic, parsley, other cheeses, etc.
- If you don't have much time you haven't been able to make ragu, opt for the homemade fried tomato
- You can freeze and defrost it, taking care to keep it in the fridge to thaw it before baking it to heat it
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 10