"I admire the brave people... not to which it is believed strong and which strives to prove something... to the brave people."
Ragù napoletano. Download it in Spanish
The Neapolitan ragout. Download in English
The ragout, French ragout is a typical preparation of the Italian cuisine It is to cook the meat in its own juices. It is in a covered pan and is left to cook at a low temperature for between two and four hours depending on the quantities and the type of meat: beef, pork, poultry... It is a very usable recipe, since it can use complete, use only the juice remaining of cooking such as tomato sauce, or on the other hand, the meat can be cooked as a complement of a plate.
All types of ragu found in the cuisine of Italy, the best known are the Ragout Bolognesse that is made with minced meat of pork or veal and which is produced the famous Bolognese Sauce, and the The Neapolitan ragout It is made with veal. Both are made with tomatoes, but carry different vegetables: Bolognese carries besides onion, carrots and green peppers, and only Neapolitan Ragù is onions.
As a presentation, the Neapolitan Ragù is a dish that gives much play: it can be taken only with potato chips or with white rice (kids love them), is ideal with pasta and delicious for the Lasagna Napoletana. So with this dish you have the base of at least 3 different dishes. For this reason, and because even simple is a dish very entertaining, so I recommend you not do less than these amounts. What you about you congeláis it and already have it made for another day. It would be a sin to not get out.! When you try this ragu, you will see as sin serve with another type of tomato paste, I I assure you. Viva Italy!
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 30 min. and 4 hours of cooking
- For 10 people
- 1 kg of beef into small pieces for stew €12,00
- 2 medium-sized onions €0.40
- 2 liters of red tomatoes peeled and without pips - use canned tomato chunks and tomato puree of Tin, half of each one €1,40
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate €0,20
- 200 grams of extra virgin olive oil €0.60
- 200 g pork sliced Bacon €0.93
- 6 pork ribs €2.90
- 1/4 litre of wine red €0.25
- Basil €1.20
- salt and black pepper €0.15
Total €20.03 to be divided between 10 generous servings, €2,00 per serving.
- A wooden spoon
- Saucepan with lid (I use Le Creuset(, but is valid either)
- Knives and cutting boards
- Gas or electric cookery
With this dish go very well red wines. It's a dish with great consistency and flavor, very typical of Italian cuisine, so we will accompany an Italian red. A mi me really like the Chianti that are full-bodied wines. I recommend Chianti Baron. This Winery is considered to be the oldest in the world, 1.141 founded by Ricasoli family. The wineries are located in the heart of Tuscany and the majority grape is the Sangiovase. Your price € 9.48
1. chop the onion into small pieces.
2. put a pan with high heat extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is hot, add sliced meat and ribs and Bacon into pieces. Sauté using a wooden spoon until you have a golden color. This will seal the meat and help to keep their juices. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Since only then will use a wooden spoon for cooking our Ragù, and always down to what is on the walls of the pot so that everything is well done.
3. remove meat cooker. In the same pan, add the chopped onion and sauté (FRY) in the juices of the meat until it is well done.
4 then add return meat to pan. At this point, add half of the wine. Scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. This will help take off all the juices of the meat and onion pan. Boil over medium heat until some of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the rest of the wine. Raise the heat for spirit of evaporate quickly.
6. Add tomato paste and peeled tomatoes. Up the heat so the sauce boil. Adjust salt and pepper.
7. once has boiled, lower heat to fire low, leaving to cook for three or four hours covered. The Ragù moves only with wooden spoon collecting that is attached on the walls of the pan.
8 should go by moving it from time to time taking care of what is deposited in the Pan is lowered to make uniform cooking.
9. once passed this time, the tomato will become very thick and completely tender meat. Add a good handful of finely chopped basil leaves and mix well. The Ragù is then ready to accompany your pasta, your Montanara lasagna or... your chips!. Simply delicious!.
Hе enсontrado full Infoгmacion in estа pаgina to
searched titulaԁo Ragù napoletаno | Loleta. The аgregue in my favorites
Thank you very much for your comment. I hope that you come back and stay and share with us all the recipes that we will offer you. Thanks a lot!!
And pork ribs? When cooked? you put it as ingredients but not listed in the recipe. Thank you
Hello Elena, with regard to your question, the meat is added at the first point of the recipe. When speaking of meat refers to the ribs and the beef. Even as well and poorly understood so I modified the recipe by specifying that they are added to change the ribs. Thanks for the note and thank you for coming to see me!. I hope that you stay with me.
I State of Erasmus in Naples, where more famous is the ragu, for a year. There was only one site that I have not been able to stop go whenever I had occasion. I will try to make I the recipe to see that I get :)
Thank you very much for your comment. Sure that you get very good so I hope to have a chance to do it and tell me what you think! Thank you very much for being here with me. A greeting.
What type of wine do you use if 1 litre is €1? (0.25 l €0.25)
Hello Jose, use red wine, a quarter liter, as it makes the recipe, and the type of wine depends on your taste, but if you use a good wine (with D.O. notice it in the result. I usually buy one cheap, 2 euros maximum Rioja and Navarra because I really like the flavor that gives. I would not use Don Simon, but it all depends on your taste. We encourage you to prepare this recipe because you'll love. Thank you very much for your question and thank you very much for being here with me.
Thank you for the quick response.
I know the recipe very well and how many (and other) using wine is almost always recommended a good wine (that your lo beberias).
For that was the question, I thought that comma was in wrong places.
Your recipe is very good, only after 4 hours there is no juice that is worth in those small pieces of meat. The gold in that case is more for the flavor.
That's when it's in large cubes like roast beef, tongue, or wide roast, that gold is also a seal.
Hello Pepón, sorry but I do not understand you. Greetings