Today I bring you an Ispahan of cherries in the purest style of my admired Pierre Hermé, as a kind of great macaron, but filled with a cream of cherries black (very seasonal) with anise and pillories of the Jerte ValleyIt pairs perfectly, devised on the fly. An original combination that turned out delicious, or so I was told friends who tried it... not a crumb left!
- -250 g of almond powder (also called almond flour) €3.60 (for example, Mercadona)
- -250 gr of icing sugar. It doesn't which is made at home in the thermomix or which sold in the supermarket of sugar Spanish. The grain of these sugars is much thicker to that which is required to make macarons. I use one English called Tate Lyle Icing Sugar. You can find it on Taste of America, El Corte Inglés, in Iceland, the sweet flowers, commercial Minguez cottage and in a lot more than shops American and English. €0,50
- -90 g egg whites. Ideally, as old whites: they freeze a few days and then are thawed and are 4 or 5 days in the fridge. Whites endure up to 10 days in the fridge €0.30
- -5 grs of Red food coloring and other 5 grs of colouring blue €0.25
In addition we will need:
- -90 g egg whites €0.30
- -250 gr sugar €0.34
- mineral water - 65 g €0.03
For black cherry cream:
- 150 g of liquid cream fresh €0.30
- 150 g white chocolate €0.90
- 3 leaves of gelatine €0.15
- 2 tablespoons sweet Anisette from Chinchón €0.23
- 150 g black cherry mash (the best is to buy it. I use the Boiron brand which is a French brand specialising in frozen fruit purees, but you can use the brand that you find) €2.21
- 100 gr. fresh pillories €0.40 of the Jerte Valley
- 4 cherries to decorate dessert €0,20
In addition we will need:
- 250 gr white sugar €0.34
- 75 g of mineral water €0.04
- 120 g egg whites €0,37
Total €10.46 or what is the same cost of €0.87 per serving. Nothing compared to the pleasure that awaits you!
1 preheat the oven to 180 ° C convection function. (If you don't have a convection oven or want to have more basis, I refer you to the tutorial Macarons: my secret incofesables)
2 spray a few seconds the almond powder to get the possible finer texture (in the Thermomix or with help of a grinder).
3 sift the icing sugar and powder of almonds over a large bowl. Mix well.
4. make a hole in the center of the Bowl leaving some of the flour mixture and powdered sugar at the bottom, and dump the 90 grams of egg whites and combine with the spatula. Add coloring and mix well, making sure that it is not anything on the walls of the bowl without mixing. Cover with plastic wrap and reserve.
5. put the other 90 g egg whites in bowl of electric mixer.
6. in a saucepan, bring to a boil to fire half the 65 g mineral water with the 250 g of sugar until the syrup (and called to the water with the sugar mixture) reaches 100 ° C.
7. at that time begin to beat the 90 g egg whites that we had prepared in a bowl and start to beat at maximum speed. Add a pinch of sugar to the egg whites and beat until they reach soft peaks. (This pinch of sugar help heat the egg whites and will prevent that protein separates from water containing when we batamos too).
8. keep the syrup to fire.
9. when the syrup reaches 120 ° C, remove from heat.
10 lower the mixer speed to low power and add the syrup little by little. The meringue will come down but is normal. Then increase mixer speed and beat for about 5 minutes. After that time, the whites should be firm and shiny and although Bowl will still be warm to the touch, merengue temperature will be lowered to room temperature. If it is not, continue beating until the temperature has fallen.
11. with the help of a spatula, turn over a third of meringue mix powder almonds, sugar icing, colouring and clear without beating. Mix with outflanking. Continue adding meringue to our colored mixture. The mixture should not be very smooth or very hard, so if we make a curl with a spatula, keep the form without moving or get rid. If before have incorporated all of the merengue had reached that point, it's not necessary to incorporate it all, since it is preferable that the dough is a little hard to be too smooth. I weighed the ingredients perfectly and joined all of the merengue.
12 move the mixture to one sleeve pastry nozzle of a centimeter.
13. with the help of the sleeve, make a round plate by concentric circles
14. Insert sleeve filled to 1 cm above the oven plate and begin to press the sleeve by turning it circularly in one growing circle.
15. when we have the circle completed, proceed to another of the same measures
16. Although many manuals say that we must leave this mixture, I don't leave it and I get very good.
17 bake for 20-25 minutes until surface is bright opening and quickly closing the door of the oven twice during cooking (to my it took me only 20 minutes).
18 fit the tray on a wire rack until the bases of tart to cool completely.
To perform black cherry cream:
19 please soak the gelatine leaves in cold water.
20 melting in micro white chocolate coverage. Once melted add to the mixture of cream and cherries. Mix well.
21. heat the cream to a boil.
22 Add the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
23. add black cherry mash and mix
24 Add sweet anise and again mix to fully incorporate all the ingredients. Go to the refrigerator until the cream has cooled.
25. in a saucepan, bring to a boil to fire half the 75 grs of mineral water with the 250 gr sugar
26 get the 120 grams of egg whites in bowl of electric mixer.
27. once the syrup (sugar mixture with water that we have to fire), reached 100 degrees, begin to beat the 120 grs of whites that we had prepared in the bowl and start to beat at maximum speed. Add a pinch of sugar to the egg whites and beat until they reach soft peaks. (This pinch of sugar help heat the egg whites and will prevent that protein separates from water containing when we batamos too).
28 fire keep the syrup.
29 when the syrup reaches 120 ° C, remove from heat.
30 lower mixer speed to low power and add the syrup little by little. The meringue will come down but is normal. Then increase mixer speed and beat for about 5 minutes. After that time, the whites should be firm and shiny and although Bowl will still be warm to the touch, merengue temperature will be lowered to room temperature. If it is not, continue beating until the temperature has fallen.
31. with the help of a few rods, beat the cream of cherries. Once the cream is smooth, mix with a spatula 175 grs of merengue that we have prepared. Continue to mix until the cream is well blended and the color is uniform.
32. with the help of a sleeve pastry nozzle smooth, fill the iron of Ispahan forming circles. Place some cherries cut in half and cover with another plate of Ispahan. Garnish with some cherries and a little purple sugar.
33. once filled, either pass it on to the freezer, which is better than taking them directly (I refer you to the tutorial Macarons: my shameful secrets) either keep it in the fridge a few hours. If you pass it to the freezer so that it acquires its maximum flavor, you can keep it frozen between 24 hours and 15 days. When you you go to eat, descongelad 3 hours in the fridge and then 1 hour at room temperature. You will hallucinate at the table with this presentation!
- -You can see all tricks, learning and advice in my post: Macarons: my shameful secrets or objective: The perfect Macaron
- -If the Macarons of Strawberry, with a recipe like Basic, this linka link
- -If you prefer Macarons of chewing gum, linka HERE
- -A mi me gusta hacer cream the day before to distribute the work, but it is not necessary.