"Happiness is to realize that nothing is too important"
Pistachio, rocket and camembert with honey mustard Burger
I wanted came this day, I present you one of my favorite burgers. Course I make them homemade, slow very little in making them and they are in for scrumptious. Needless to say that a recipe is that children enjoy kneading the meat and other ingredients, but I recommend that for them, unless they are very daring, you modifiquéis the stronger your or your own ingredients,... ah! and that you join and wondeful them of a good sartenada of irresistible potatoes.
I decided this week because my niece Almudena (wonderful photographer as you can see) has been recently by New York, and has presented me to turn an impressive interview, and what better union than New York and burgers. So I decided to pay tribute it: New York is irresistible, makes good the name of "capital of the world" because it brings together big everything important in a multiracial, changing, influential and cosmopolitan city.
Any corner that we find because we have seen it a thousand times in the series and movies, is familiar to us as King Kongthe eternal Breakfast at Tiffany's or Sex and the City (even having a tour bus for their locations); It has an exciting architecture, with more than 4,000 skyscrapers, such as the Empire Statethe Flatiron Building or the Chrysler Building, that for me, highlights together with its art deco design. The rest of figures that can be extracted from "the Big Apple" they are always frightening: its metro network is the longest in the world; has more than 17,000 restaurants; It received 40 million tourists per year; or for example, Central Park doubles in size to Monaco.
If it can be called food style to the New Yorker, undoubtedly, together with dogs (hot dogs), pizzas, fried chicken and Apple Pie, Burger occupies a privileged place, and that the origin, how not, isn't American, but it comes from sailors of Hamburg (Germany), where is already cooked ground beef (lean and FAT) fillets and spicy, they were finally introduced in the U.S. back in the 19th.
- Level of difficulty: easy (for children)
- Preparation time: 15 min.
- Seating: 4 persons
To make the preparation of meat for the burger:
- 600 Gr. beef chopped good quality (I use that of the Valley of the river Esla), passed twice by the mincer €5,00
- 100 gr. roasted pistachios, peeled and crushed €1,90
- 60 Gr. Parmesan cheese grated €1,69
- 50 Gr. of bread grated €0.10
- 1 egg raw €0.10
- 1 spring onion, chopped very fine €0,33
- A teaspoon of mustard powder cafe type Colman´s (Mustard) or mustard. You can buy it at El corte Inglés supermarket or other specialty stores €0.20 (I I brought it from London)
- 1 tablespoon white truffle oil (also from El Corte Inglés or similar surfaces, for example, mark Elf) €0,50
- Salt and pepper €0.10
To complete the burger:
- 4 type brioche hamburger buns (sell it on hamburger nostra). If you don't have it, turn to the normal sesame. €4,00
- 50 Gr. fresh rocket €0.80
- 400 Gr. cheese cut into slices (if this is you very strong, any can be used: cheddar, gouda, havarti, etc., although the taste will be different) €4.15
For the sauce Honey mustard:
- A tablespoon of mayonnaise €0.10
- A splash of honey from flowers €0.10
- A spoonful of dessert of traditional mustard sauce €0.10
Total: €19.17, for each of the four leaves to €4.80.
- Frying pan, cutting, boards aluminium foil, various containers, etc.
I think that, apart from soft drinks for the kids, the ideal we accompany this succulent dose of calories with a good domestic beer or import. What such a Budweiser "Bud"do in Europe?, is the best-selling in the world, North American, refreshing and very soft."
1 before at all, chop the onion very finite and the FRY with a little bit of oil for 5 minutes in the pan until browned.
2 and start with the elaborate hamburger meat: will do this in two parts to make it easier to mix it. In a bowl, we introduce the minced meat, a pinch of salt, a little pepper, raw egg, parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. All this began to shred and stir with your hands until well unify the ingredients.
3. in the second step to the meat we add pistachios, lightly fried shallots, teaspoon of mustard powder and the chorreoncito of white truffle oil. We continue mixing with your hands until the meat we have drawn up is homogeneous.
4 separate the meat into four equal pieces, and over a wooden table is the form of hamburger, first making a ball that we crush it and modeled with the Palm of the hand.
5 cut the cheese into thick slices and reserve
6 make this Burger sauce: Honey mustard, which is based on mix a couple of tablespoons of mayonnaise, a drizzle of honey, and a mustard sauce. It removes everything to mix well by hand.
7. in a skillet over medium-high heat, with a few drops of oil, season the hamburger and put it on the grill. Depending on the point of meat taste, will have more or less time, or rises or falls fire and is turned. To my I like just made what I do it strong on one side, and turn it under fire over medium. When we give back, we put camembert over to the meat so that it melts a little
8 and present the Hamburger: on the inside bread brioche type cut, drizzle sauce hooney moustard, both sides, base and lid. We're going down to above: on the basis of the pan with the sauce, put the hamburger meat with cheese melted over; about the cheese we put fresh arugula, and finally the top also with the sauce. Of yummy!
9 Needless to say that you can add or remove ingredients and spices to make it to your taste, so don't hesitate to innovate and test.
Where you can find in Málaga the veal from the Valley of the river Esla?
Hello Dario, I'm glad you enjoyed my hamburger!. I buy the beef in the English Court but also found equally in the market. Anyway if you don't use any beef that is top quality. Meat makes a difference in this guy's dishes. I hope I helped. Enjoy!.!
By the way! Congratulations on the blog!
Hello again Dario, thank you. Now that you've come to visit him I hope to have you here and you animes to prepare a recipe. Ahh!, and if you do any do not forget to pass me the photos that always makes me very excited. A hug, Lola
Thanks for the Info!
Loleta, I am passionate about the mustard, midi, and forte, and, especially, the French brand Amora. but all my efforts have been unsuccessful in your search and capture. Do you know where I can find this brand or another similar in Madrid?
Also, before this, I got with spice powder of French mustard, intending to develop it myself, and I have read several formulas to do this (with seeds, wine, beer or champagne, Cayenne or not, honey or not, etc), but I have achieved nothing that comes close to the taste of which I seek. Do you know any link thereto, or any advice or suggestions?
Hi Omar, I'm sorry but I'm more than buy that make mustard. Mustard equal powdered seeds are only one of the ingredients that carries the mustard sauce and do not know of any recipe that you can use. I understand what you mean mustard Amora sold it in Carrefour (also onine). Its flavor is very similar to the Savora which is easily found in El Corte Inglés and other large surfaces. A greeting and thanks for being here