Half the joy is in talking about it
This white chocolate and lavender Pie pumpkin (Pumpkin Pie) the most typical of this festival of Thanksgiving or Thanksgiving in United States) It is super original. Its ingredients a bit misleading because normally you do not you to the idea of the rich that is. The first time I did it, I recognize that I had very little faith. It was an afternoon of winter very cold and many wanted to take something sweet. My mother had brought me a pumpkin from the farm of a friend and even though I had never done any dessert with pumpkin, I decided that the time had come.
I recognize that as he was preparing the cake, my expectations were falling because it seemed to me that it would be a little sweet. I thought that I should go out with the cold to buy some cupcakes because we would not like. I think that that made the cake us even more delicious, and I must say that whenever I've done it, it has been a total success. Around the world surprised the flavor and texture. I serve it with a little whipped cream if someone wants to put a little, but almost all prefer to take it alone.
Theirs when making this cake is to first prepare the pumpkin puree. You will hold in the refrigerator up to a week and in the freezer up to 3 months without problems. Below you have indications of how elaborate it.
And gift, three of my essential to make ideas in New York por Christmas. I know, there are thousands of things, and they are not all, it is impossible, but leave me this time to group them by their links with this period of... only 3 parties, will give you many more, but these do not fail: go for the last two Christmas recipes!
- 260 GR flour €0.35
- 1/2 teaspoon salt €0.05
- 1 tablespoon sugar €0.10
- 110 g butter €0.55
- 2 tablespoons of water. €0.02
For the pumpkin puree:
- Half a kilo of pumpkin €2,00
For the cake:
- 1 mass of pasta brisa €1.07
- 1 egg €0.11
- 425 grs of pumpkin puree €2,00
- 235 ml milk evaporated €0.90
- 220 GR sugar €0.30
- 1/4 tsp. clove powder €0,05
- 1 teaspoon salt €0.05
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder €0.07
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger 0.10
- 1 tablespoon of flour €0.15
- 200 ml of cream semi mounted €0.40
- 2 tablespoons sugar €0.15
Total €8.42i.e., 0€70 per person taking into account that at least leave 12 servings. An original recipe any where as well as cheap and very good.
1 turn on the oven to 170 º.
2. first we will make the dough or pasta brisa. To this end, in a large bowl put flour, salt, sugar and butter. Put the mix attachment (which is like a T) and mix at low speed. If we don't have it, the mass can be handmade. Mix desmigando butter until the dough has a consistency from arena gorda.
3. when all the ingredients are well mixed, add a tablespoon of water and mix well. Later, another second tablespoon of water and stir well until everything is well incorporated.
4. make a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Leave the dough an hour (you can make the dough the day before and have it previously frozen)
5. last this time, flour a flat surface. Using a roller, knead until approximately get a layer of 1/2 cm thick and cover a low mold pie of about 23 cm in diameter with the mass. Book mould & cut excess edges of dough with a knife. Cuts of dough that have left over can leverage to make some decorations for the cake. Using a short pasta, I cut a few sheets I used as decoration on the surface of the cake.
6. now go to the pumpkin puree: Turn the oven to 180º.
7 open the pumpkin and cut into pieces. If we have purchased a piece only, then no need to cut it.
8. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the pieces of pumpkin over.
9 bake for about 35 minutes. If passed this time the squash is tender, let it bake 5 minutes more or until it is soft.
10 remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, using a spoon, remove the pulp from the Peel. Weigh the quantity we need (425 grams), and reserve in a bowl.
11. in the event that the mash is completed at the time of preparing the cake, we will leave the oven on at 170º.
12 now turn to the pie filling: Put the egg, the pumpkin puree that we have heavy and reserved in the bowl, the evaporated milk, the sugar, the ground cloves, the salt, the cinnamon, the powdered ginger and the flour and mix well until the cream is uniform and has no lumps.
13. carefully pour the mould lined with pastry cream.
14 bake for 40 minutes at 170 degrees. This past time prick with a needle of cakes or the tip of a knife the cake to see if it is well curd. By clicking, the needle or knife tip should leave clean. If it were not so, leave in the oven for another five minutes until it is well curd.
15 cool completely at room temperature.
16. Mount the cream with the sugar using an electric mixer. Does not lack that is very hard, if you cannot have the texture of a thick cream.
17 serve the pie temperature with a little cream. Enjoy!
- To make the cake more beautiful, I took advantage of the remains of the mass and with help of a tile formed small leaves that I placed around the cake. I made other sheets that bake separately and placed on the cake once cooked.
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 120 minutes
- Servings: 12