The Fort is not that never falls, but always rising
There is a beautiful city in Central European called Budapest. But the beauty of this hill is walk through its cobbled streets, get caught by the environment of ages Past and gradually discover one their corners. Here lie some of the most stunning monuments of the city which you can not miss as the Fishermen's bastion and the Church of San Matías. We can stand on any of the multiple cafes magic and restaurants where you can enjoy the magnificent and powerful Hungarian food.
And speaking of forceful dishes... already know addiction so great that I have for the books kitchen. I buy them at bookstores, by internet and there where I'm going. From the first time that I lived in England cai love with this typical meat pie English. Crunchy on the outside and delicious on the inside. Sometimes with meat and ham, sometimes with eggs and other vegetables.
Today's recipe is inspired by the Corned Beef plate pie book Paul Hollywood’s Pies and Puds that I bought at my last visit to the United Kingdom. As always, is modified a little to my air because I used Minced pork meat which is which was at home that day and replaced some vegetables. The best is that my son, which resist the vegetables, wanted to repeat and all. Don't you believe it? Come with me to the kitchen and I show it to you.
For the filling:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil €0.09
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (in my case I used a red) €0,20
- 1 large carrot grated €0.15
- 1 leek, finely chopped (if you want, you can add celery instead, but I "love" the Leek) €0,20
- 2 potatoes (about 250 g) grated €0.25
- 350 gr of minced pork meat (the original recipe called for canned meat, but my thought me I could stay juicier with Minced pork meat... and hit) €1,50
- 1 tablespoon sauce Worcestershire (Perrins) €0,20
- 250 ml meat stock €0.70
- salt and pepper €0.05
For the pie dough:
- 400g flour 0.18
- a pinch of salt €0.03
- 200g cold butter, diced 0.75
- 8 tablespoons cold water 0.02
- 1 beaten egg to paint the dough €0.12
Total €4.44, or what is the same €0.55 per person. A delicious first course... pulled price.
1 we start by the mass of the cake. So we put the flour in a bowl and mix it with salt.
2. Add the butter cut into cubes and mix with the fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs. If we have an electric mixer, can mix with the Blender (no Underwire) until the dough forms small crumbs.
3 begin to gradually add water until the dough is compact. Then knead with a ball. You can use the dough immediately or leave it wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator. It will last up to two days. If you want to you can freeze it, but it is so easy to make that I believe that it is worth cooking it freshly made always remains more crisp.
4. Meanwhile, we are going to prepare our stuffing. The first thing we need to do is to prepare the vegetables. First chop the leek and onion and cut them into julienne strips.
5. then you need to shred the rest of vegetables. If you use the same grater for all vegetables, all the pieces will be the same. If you prefer, you can chop them rather than grate them, but my I prefer grating them because it is easier to attach all the flavors.
6. once the vegetables are ready, heat the oil in a saucepan or large skillet... Add the onion, carrot and leek and saute over low heat for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
7. Add potatoes and sauté for five minutes more.
8. then add minced meat and making sure that the meat is well loose and mixed with vegetables.
9 Add (Perrins) Worcestershire sauce and mix. Add the beef broth. Lower the heat and cook the whole for about 15-20 minutes until the potato is tender and the broth has evaporated almost completely.
10 turn on the oven to 200 degrees.
11 we now begin to cover our mold the dough. Divide the dough into two parts, one slightly larger than the other. With the large, we will cover the bottom of the Pan and the other will cover already filled cake.
With the help of two roles of baking estiraremos the dough: put a paper on the work surface, over the paper ball of dough and cover with another paper. Using a roller, we flatten the dough to get a sheet of dough large enough to cover all the bottom of the pan.
12 remove the paper up and place the dough on the baking being the face without paper down. Once settled on mold, remove other paper and with help of hands to adapt the mass to the shape of our mold cutting the excess edges.
13 fill the mould with the prepared filling and cover with another mass that we estiraremos in the same footsteps of point 14. Paint with the egg beaten with a kitchen brush to make a nice tan color.
14 Hornar 30-35 minutes until crust is golden. Let stand 15 minutes once out of the oven so that the filling is well seated and the cake is cut without crumbling. Enjoy!
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Preparation time: 45 minutes approximately
- Seating: 8 people
- If you prefer you can use meat of chicken or veal, or even do not add meat and thus have a delicious tart vegetarian using vegetable stock
- Use your favorite vegetables, taking care to cut them all the same size
- Bake in a nice mold to serve the cake at the own mould.
- We can land and I recommend a Botani Garnacha (red) wineries Jorge Ordóñez, first wine 100% Grenache from the Sierras de Málaga do. Highlights its intense color Ruby, and mouth fresh and fruity flavor. The laureate Botani white brother, you can find it by €11.95.