"Dreams never disappear whenever people do not abandon them"
The rice in paella, as almost all dishes, require patience, practice, time and above all, much love in the kitchen, I think that it is the best of the ingredients. In addition to the techniques, utensils, food, times and methods, attention and love that gets you to cook it is essential.
Recently, I was talking to my friend Carmen on the Cooking times for paella rice, and is a basis of how true it is obtained the recipe, or much better, of the basic technique that you published to have "timed" times of strong fire and fire low. This technique is basic and simple to understand that cooking is adequate, but truth is that as we go taking you "point" rice we will introduce some variants and practices, as for example (there are some tricks):
- -Use foods that give off more mellow, for example the mushrooms or some fish that drop more, to let it mellow (and not what is said today out there - when it does not go well - that the rice is sticky)
- -Pour a oil thread at the end of cooking so that it filtered through the layer of rice, reaches the bottom of the paella and we get to char it with the point of fire strong at the end
- – Enhance the wines. I learned that the flavor is in the broth, and it passes to rice. It is better and my most like me to add type ingredients: spices, casings, shell of shellfish, vegetables, etc. to the broth to the paella they distribute trips by rice, although it is not limited, and you can even do both things
- -Increase the volume of broth or fumet (up to triple it) so that the grain of rice takes much more of the flavor of fish, meat or vegetables. To this, you must have fluency and control well fires, he is achieved, as we talked about in the post that I send in the following paragraph, keeping strong fire longer and evaporating faster liquid, remaining the flavor in rice
- -Change the type of rice: Pass the bomb to the Senia or any other that is in category extra. They say that the pump is the basic and the Senia is advanced (because acquires better flavor)
- Enhance the broths, thicknesses of layers, triple the volume and types of rice already got a day and I shared some of my knowledge in the post of the Dry rice with cuttlefish, prawns and vegetables
What is it certain that, by controlling the cooking of the grainwith a bit of skill and experience, you will do a paella of magazine. Paella rice it is relatively easy to pick you up the flavor, that is this good point and you know well: with good raw material, good wines (of Aneto, which as I have already mentioned several times, are very got) and good skillYou can. Now, be not oily or dry, and the firing of the grain is at its point (either whole or past)... that is another thing. But do not despair, if not the first, it will be the second or after taking a bit of experience. However, I am going to try to give a clue when I understand I that the grain is to cut the fire and let it stand. This trick It is for paellas of little song of rice (no more than one finger, that you know that I don't like the thick layers) and preferably using one burner, or preferably two rings of gas (barbecue) and not ceramic hob. First, as I said, to have a visual to this post to refresh, and then to the following table:
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Preparation time: 45 min. (separate broth)
- Seating: 4 persons
- (This paella made it to more people, but you do the proportion for 4 Diners and facilitate the work)
- 400 Gr. rice pump (approx. 3 cups) €1,50
- 10 shrimps of the frozen €6.50
- 300 Gr. shrimp rice €2.19
- 1 cuttlefish clean cut in dices €6.37 with 2 sachets of ink
- 2 tomatoes without seeds and grated 0.19 branch
- 1 leek chopped very finite €0,50 (which you do not like do not worry because he doesn't know)
- 1 tray of fresh garlic also very finite cut (250 gr. aprox). €1.00
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, without threads and cut sliced €0.15
- Hot fish stock or broth: double and something more than rice, as 7 cups (in default, natural stock of fish brand Aneto). I went back to using the fish (of Aneto) stock and strengthens you taste. €8.96
- 1 cube of the size of an ice cube of bite (mixture of olive oil, garlic, parsley, almonds and toasted saffron, all very chopped in a blender) €1,50
- Olive oil (as a third of a cup), a little saffron, paprika and salt 1.90
Total: €30.76 to be divided between four, 7,69 €/ person. Very tight price for ingredients as good carrying.
For Bottom of the stock of fish Aneto We leverage it to paellas rapid and tasty, and it will surprise you for its ease and taste, using the following ingredients (price €8.96) that you can also cook them in the paella dish directly, but I think that it brings more flavor in the broth:
- A peeled tomato grated €0.08
- 2 living sea crabs (or crab) €4,00
- Heads of the king prawns and shrimp that I use in paella
- Half a cup of oil €0.80
- A garlic minced non-€0.07
- A nora seeded chopped €0.10
- A little toasted saffron (some strands) €0.40
- A little bit of paprika €0,20
- And the fish stock Aneto (the volume you need, in this case a litre) €3.31
It starts to boil all 20 minutes approximately begun with fire half the bottom with oil, garlic, nora seedless and the grated tomato. Mix everything and give a few turns. Then crush the crabs and then part of the shrimps heads for several minutes so that they fall off their flavor, and then added the rest of the broth and gets fire to medium-high completing it the toasted saffron and paprika. Finally passed through a sieve and retained only the liquid for the paella broth... very tasty!
- 1 paella of inside diameter 50 cm. (for a layer thin rice, baking much better)
- 1 Pan (fire) of gas with gas cylinder
- Microwave or hob to heat the broth
- Mortar or blender and strainer
- Slotted spoon, grater for tomato, cutting, boards aluminium foil, various containers, etc.
From the wineries Rosalía de Castro, D. Or Rias Biaxas, I'm inclined by the Albariño Paco & Lola 2011 (wine no aging). Fun and modern presentation, very fresh and soft, indicated to accompany a rice like this. Its price is around the €9.85
1. as always, cut the garlic cloves in foil, taking care to clean off the strand, or heart Centre (thus we avoid to repeat).
2. Add olive oil to the bottom of the paella with the garlic. Once poured the garlic and oil, light the fire of the barbecue to medium-low.
3. once begin to be golden garlic, to fire medium Add leek, and after 3 or 4 minutes, remove it to the perimeter. Then FRY the garlic, more or less the same time and separated them at the edge of the paella
4. then the rest of the heads of shrimps and prawns the FRY a little in the center of the paella and that they release some juice for 5 minutes turning.
5. Cook the prawns and shrimps only slightly (2 minutes), seasoning them (will eventually take over the cooking of rice). All this ingredients remove them from the paella and reserve them until the end.
6. then add the squid and cook them over the rest that have left the heads of prawns and shrimps. We have the squid for another five minutes to fire medium. Finally, in this step we add tomato and stir it also by another 4 or 5 minutes mixing it with the squid, also on medium heat.
7. it is measured the volume of the 400 Gr. of rice in a cup (for example). In my case, occupy 3 cups (depends on the size of Cup you use). Therefore, reserve broth of fish about seven cups, 6 as custom sets of rice twice, and one more, to finally water demand according to go seeing the firing of the rice while it is cooking. I get to be heated in the micro stock (2 min) at maximum power. It is very important that the broth is very hot when we add it to the paella, since otherwise it would break the rice cooking.
8 Add the rice along with the tomato and cuttlefish, and for 4/5 minutes stir constantly over medium heat. Browning it we get a little "Brown" rice, which will help us to give final ease.
9 Add very chopped and crushed a spoonful of oil, garlic, parsley, saffron and paprika, that will give a special touch. It is mixture while stir the rice with the rest of ingredients. The aspect that presents the paella just before pouring the broth is mixed and uniform.
10 we put to the stock sepia coloring black so that it acquires a characteristic color. Removed from everything. I usually use two envelopes of ink. With the hot stock, pour it and mixed together with the other ingredients. Broth (which incorporates the squid ink) just turn the volume of rice, 6 cups. Then, demand, we will see if it makes failure to irrigate with more broth to achieve the fluency of rice (we'll keep you quiet and warm). We tried salt, and add a bit more if necessary, taking into account that the broth of rice must be tasty generously, since it loses some salt in the absorption of liquid that makes the grain.
11 and proceed with the secret of cooking: we apply the Technical paella rice cooking in this case of bomba rice and double the broth to control the timing and degree of cooking to the Valencian type. We tried salt, let it 1000W heat for approx. 5/7 minutes, taking care that fire to spread by all the paella evenly. The broth boil and pompitas will appear by all the surface.
12 we will reduce the fire below, and will keep you about 10/12 min. It will coincide when it is little broth in the paella dish, at the end of time will have evaporated virtually all of the stock
13 test the firing of the grain, and once fulfilled the time, water with half cup of broth that we still distributing it equally, this makes sure there is liquid even in the paella dish by evaporation.
14 we will cover the paella with aluminum foil, but before, we deliver the shrimps and prawns by the surface. We cover the paella with aluminum foil, and fire gets back to medium-high a couple of minutes so that evaporation of the last Cup, to take effect. The couple of minutes shuts off the fire, and let the aluminum foil, which rice to rest for at least 5/7 minutes and finish cooking.
15 stir paella completely before serving, and the rice in the dish will get homogeneous texture, since never become equally grains from the Center to the perimeter.
16 and... have!. Another list Black rice paella. Taking care of cooking, and making a thin layer, will be sure to very rich. Put mayonnaise, that this rice is doing very well. Enjoy it!