"Life has not become to understand it, but to live it"
A new gourmet area has erupted in the capital. It is of Isabela Gourmet Market located in Paseo de la Habana 3 (financial area of Chamartín), and comes to increase the offer of the market-gourmet-gastrobar concept as implemented already in Madrid, along with the already known market of San Miguel and San Antón. A priori, this may be the most comfortable for being out of the tours in the Centre of Madrid, although carrying barely a month running, it has still pending to open to the public half of its space.
We are going with the practical details: has 4 floors and 3,000 m3, although to the gourmet area are the first two (and first). Once all open, it will be the largest gastronomic space of Spain. On the ground floor are located the positions of cold around a common area of pica pica, and on the first floor is located the hot dishes, so it will not happen only stay on ground floor.
The design and colors of the posts is care, homogeneous and with a simple graphics, it caught my attention that each of them has labeled the type of product that offers and not the firm to which it belongs, because it manages to give a look where the image of brand in the market power (surely not forget once have visited you). Jobs have a touch of elegant and distinguished, completed with details as staff serving them wears the same uniform regardless of the product they offer. I liked.
On the ground floor, where there is a good variety of cold: bakery, salads, sausages, cheeses, preserves, smoked fish, oysters, etc., and I stop in the French ostreria because I liked especially. The position is identified as "oysters and caviar" and it is exploited by oysters you ch. Os advise to try the Green (vert) because they leave this very rich and intense flavor to sea which is at the end it is asked to an Oyster isn't it?, can taste white wine or champagne to accompany them there himself.
The upper floor, where there is rice, Peruvian, shusi, hamburgers, croquettes, ice cream, coffee, etc. I recommend this time as "Iberian Goose". I had never before had the chance to try the delicacies that are derived from the goose. They come from the Iberian dehesa goose company and breed them fed on acorns in the mountains north of Seville, within the dehesas de Sierra Morena. Very curious, and not only that, but that the products: duck breast, ham, chorizo, sobrasada, and how no, the egg, are yummy, and very soft.
To the paella that we are going to prepare today, I have a special affection because it was the first recipe that I started photographing to get the real step by step and create the blog (excuse me for its quality). After a high when attending one of the workshops of Maestro Jose Luis García Berlanga in the Alambique, which fascinate me, I was recommended the page noselepuedellamarcocina.com where I found tasty techniques, backgrounds and rice dishes that I recommend for his passion, and now Christophe Pais, its creator, has also launched himself to a new concept of rice restaurant in Madrid that will surely go far... , the first Rice Bar Pump, in Augusto Figueroa; so I I started to cook this delicious paella, with a good Fund removed from the course and the page, being now in the spring for scrumptious.
Are we going to the kitchen? Have you caught rice doneness?... next!
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Preparation time: 45 min. (Separate broth)
- Seating: 4 persons
- 400 Gr. rice pump (approx. 3 cups) €1,50
- 4 crawfish (in failing, frozen shrimps) €18,00
- 4 clean pieces of monkfish and cleaved €3.18
- 200 gr. shrimp rice €1.69
- 1 cuttlefish clean cut in dices €6.37
- 2 tomatoes without seeds and grated €0.19 branch
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, without threads and cut sliced €0.15
- Stock on bottom fish hot: double and something more than rice, and 7 cups of coffee (in default, natural stock of fish brand Aneto). He branded Aneto 3.31 €
- 1 cube of the size of an ice cube of dive (mixture of olive oil, garlic, parsley, almonds and toasted saffron, all very chopped in a blender) €1,50
- Olive oil (as a vessel), a bit of turmeric and salt €1,90
Total for the paella with the stock of Aneto: €43.04. Per person € 10.76
For Stock on bottom fish, that if you have time don't hesitate, is the secret:
- A washing tomatoes cut in half
- An onion cut in half washed
- A leek, chopped 2/3 parts
- 1 kg. clean red mullet (or other rock fish)
- 1 head and bone of monkfish clean
- 200 gr. clams clams or mussels raw
- 4 living sea crabs (or crab)
- Shells (no heads) of prawns, shrimps, prawns or lobster. The genre that is ready to eat in the paella.
- Half a glass of oil
- A garlic chopped strands, peppers, leaves of laurel, thyme, Rosemary and some strands of Saffron to give color (8/10 PCs.)
- Salt and water (all that will fit in the Pan up to top)
It starts to boil all 45 minutes approximately started the Fund by oil, garlic, nora, and crushing crabs for five minutes, and then, add the rest with water and seasoned. It is constantly removed the foam that drops on the surface to let it clean and you will obtain a spectacular broth to rice or fish soups. Don't forget to clean the fish that you have used to take advantage of it.
- Paella with internal diameter 50 cm (for a thin layer of rice, baking much better).
- Barbecue (fire) of gas with gas cylinder
- Microwave or hob to heat the broth
- Mortar or blender and strainer
- Slotted spoon, grater for tomato, cutting, boards aluminium foil, various containers, etc.
White Wheel very cool, for example Marqués de Riscal Sauvignon 2011. Its price is €8.10, and very appropriate to join seafood, for its freshness and the aromatic which is. Believe me, it is appropriate
1. slice the garlic into slices, as always, taking care to remove the strand or heart Centre (so avoid to repeat).
2. Add olive oil to the bottom of the paella with the garlic. Once poured the garlic and oil, light the fire of the barbecue to medium-low.
3. once begin to be golden garlic, add the chopped squid to the Center and salt. Remove not adhere or skip oil for 2-3 minutes
4. When is the cuttlefish made but tender, remove to the perimeter of the edge of the paella so not continue cooking (or directly away until later).
5. then add paella Centre Heads and clips of lobsters and prawns, crushing them and getting their juice in the paella. Once cooked, remove and heads through mortar or blender with half a glass of fish stock in order to obtain concentrate. The juice is filtered through a sieve, and is added back to the rest of the fish stock to boost the flavor even more.
6. the following will be cooking a little (virtually turned and turned, because they will end up making at the end of cooking) in the center of the paella, the peeled scampi meat first and then pieces of monkfish that we cut, salting them a little. Finally they deviate up to then.
7 leaving only the squid on the perimeter of the paella, pour 2 grated tomatoes, spread them over and cook for 5 minutes. Later mixed with the squid, stirring them constantly. (see the photos as it is full of juice from cooked fish and the seafood paella Center)
8. it is measured the volume of the 400 Gr. of rice in a cup (for example). In my case, occupy 3 cups (depends on the size of Cup you use). Therefore, reserve broth of fish about seven cups, 6 as custom sets of rice twice, and one more, to finally water demand according to go seeing the firing of the rice while it is cooking. I get to be heated in the micro stock (2 min) at maximum power. It is very important that the broth is very hot when we add it to the paella, since otherwise it would break the rice cooking.
9 Add the rice along with the tomato and cuttlefish, and for 4/5 minutes stir constantly over medium heat. Browning it we get a little "Brown" rice, which will help us to give final ease.
10 Add minced and saffron, which will give you a special touch. It is mixture while stir the rice with the rest of ingredients. The aspect that presents the paella just before pouring the broth is mixed and uniform.
11. we add the broth a bit of turmeric to give the characteristic colour. Removed from everything. With the hot stock, pour it and mixed together with the other ingredients. Broth (which incorporates the color of Saffron) just turn the volume of rice, 6 cups. Then, demand, we will see if it makes failure to irrigate with more broth to achieve the fluency of rice (we'll keep you quiet and warm). We tried salt, and add a bit more if necessary, taking into account that the broth of rice must be tasty generously, since it loses some salt in the absorption of liquid that makes the grain.
12 and proceed with the secret of cooking: we apply the Technical paella rice cooking If not see you even with confidence and ease to control the timing and degree of cooking to the Valencian type. We tried salt, let it 1000W heat for approx. 5/7 minutes, taking care that fire to spread by all the paella evenly. The broth boil and pompitas will appear by all the surface.
13 we will reduce the fire below, and will keep you about 10/12 min. It will coincide when it is little broth in the paella dish, at the end of time will have evaporated virtually all of the stock
14 test firing of the grain, and once served time, water with half cup of broth that we still distributing it equally, this makes sure there is liquid even in the paella dish by evaporation.
15 cover the paella with aluminum foil, and climbs the fire back to medium-high a couple of minutes so that evaporation of the last Cup, to take effect. The couple of minutes shuts off the fire, and let the aluminum foil, which rice to rest for at least 5/7 minutes and finish cooking.
16 stir paella completely before serving, and the rice in the dish will get homogeneous texture, since never become equally grains from the Center to the perimeter.
17 and have!. The rice is ready to be served. Don't miss this recipe which is a treasure. Ciao!