These oil bread cakes will become a fixed on your table. In Castile it is very typical to take them with the Lamb, and we discovered them when we were going to eat lamb Aranda or Roa. I'd always buy them but it cost me much find them beyond those peoples bakeries or some bakeries in Madrid. So one day, I decided to make these cakes of bread of oil at home.
Since they are a fixed in my bread recipes. Those breads that do not need nothing more than two fingers and pinches when you want to remember, has disappeared.
It is a very soft and healthy, flavorful bread that is ideal to accompany meats and chop. My son also likes to sprinkle the cakes with sugar and cocoa oil bread, and my reminds me of snacks in the field, when it was not creme de cacao and we used the cocoa powder and sugar over the pan with oil. Crap? For us in the field we knew Holy glory.
The most important thing in these oil bread cakes is of course oil, that as the cannons, has to be first. East I've used today as well as being of O-Medfirst harvest extra virgin olive oil which gives inimitable flavor, aroma and color.
I have already mentioned many times that oil is a religion almost in my house, and that care like no product. For me is what makes the difference both in recipes and a salad. So if I need to buy less than anything else, I do it in order to always have a bottle of good Virgin olive oil extra, and East the pincual has us all crazy at home.
Otherwise the oil pan cakes recipe is super easy. The pan, as I have told you many times, knead almost only leaving it to stand, so that the gluten do your part and Crumb develops with time. The more time better. However, as this is a flatter bread, it must not be resting hours. already you can see that in a while you have it giving an incredible aroma in the House.
- 5 g of dry Baker's yeast
- 5 g of sugar
- 500 g of flour strength
- 60 ml of O-Med variety Picual extra virgin olive oil
- 300 ml water
- 1 tablespoon salt flakes (type maldon)
- 10 g fine salt.
1. in a bowl, put the sugar, yeast, and 100 ml of water and mix well. Then add 75 g of the flour and knead. Leave stand for half hour our quick pre-ferment.
2. in a large bowl put the rest of the ingredients, add the pre-ferment and knead slightly. Slowly add the oil until it is completely incorporated. Knead to a smooth and elastic dough and dreflect stand for one hour and a half.
We have already mentioned several times that it must be in a dry place, away from streams, and I prefer to do it covered (I have a shower CAP that given in hotels, that I only use to cover the masses in the rest, but if you don't, you can use a cloth) in the oven.
3. last this time, form the loaves. We can make cakes larger or smaller. Once decided the size, divide the dough, and with the help of the hand go flattening the dough, until it is a cake from a height of 1, 5cm high.
4. Once flattened, sinking the pads of the fingers so that they are marked on the mass as in the focaccia. Place them on a towel or sheet of baking paper and cover with a damp cloth. Dejar reposar an hour and a half.
Meanwhile, prepare a small bowl with oil and reserve.
5 Preheat oven to 250 ° C.
6 paint aceitetortas oil pan and sprinkle with maldon salt flakes. Lower the temperature of the oven to 210 ° and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush again with oil cakes. Take they have lost heat.
- You can flavour with herbs: rosemary, thyme, or that you prefer
- Used flour bread without gluten to get a version suitable for coeliacs
- Preparation time: 3 hours and 40 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 5