The Stroganoff is a recipe of veal cut into cubes or strips (as I prefer it), and accompanied with mushrooms, onions and a rich sauce that is made with cream or sour cream, and served over rice or, like me I have done, over pasta.
What most surprised me is to discover where the name comes from. I always thought it would be the name of the chef who invented it, but no. The name comes from the count Pável Aleksándrovich Stróganov.
In the 19th century, of convened a cooking competition in Petersburgo that presented the chefs of the nobility of the city. The chef of the count Strógavov won the contest with this recipe that would become very popular in all Russia.
At home we love and my especially because it is a recipe that perfectly supports the freezing and can be prepared in large quantities.
I have to tell you that House never prepares too because all come to the smell of sardines, my brother, so seldom I get to freeze something.
Several times in my photos you've already seen this casserole. And it is that of Revol, my favorite brand of kitchen utensils. They are products of the highest quality fine porcelain and can be used in all types of kitchens, are suitable for oven and micro- and they can be cleaned in the dishwasher. They are ideal for cooking at low temperatures because they retain heat and thus also saves energy. You only have to use it according to the instructions, taking care not to put her temperature hit stop, but little by little so not to break the porcelain
And now comes the good news. If you like this beautiful casserole that appears in the photos can be yours. Simply follow these steps to be able to take it with you.
- Subscribe to my channel YouTube Loleta Cooking
- Give a photo of this recipe Like my IG
- Become a follower of @loletabyloleta and @revol.porcelaine
- Leave a comment on the photo and mentions three friends Instagram
- You can participate from anywhere in the world, but if you live in the Canary Islands, you will have to take taxes where applicable. And if you live outside Spain, you will have to also assume shipping costs.
- The profile can be private
- The contest ends on April 28 at 12:00 in the evening. The winner will be announced on April 29 at 12:00 through my Instagram account
- A platform of random draws will select the winner randomly.
- If unable to contact the winner within a period 7 days from first contact attempt, or this renounce the prize, will proceed to select a new winner, losing their right to claim the prize the previous winner.
- The Revol company will directly send gift to the winner.
Best of luck and to participate!
- 600 g of fillet of beef (I bought pork loin)
- 500 g mushrooms
- 5 fat gherkins in vinegar (if you are small then 10)
- 50 g butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 2 red onions
- 150 ml of crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons brandy or cognac
- 1 lime green (because it is much more good and you have more aroma than those who are not, but if mo have use you have at home)
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- 500 g of pasta - I used fresh pasta but you can use which you prefer
1. heat a pan with water. When it starts to boil, add the pasta and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions. Book.
2. wash and chop the parsley. Chop the onions finely. Cut the cucumbers into slices. Put everything in a bowl and add 4 tablespoons of vinegar gherkins. Salt and reserve separately.
3. wash and cut the mushrooms into slices. With the help of a broad-leaf knife, crush the garlic. In a large saucepan, put the butter with the garlic and half the oil. When she is a little, add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add the mixture of onions and gherkins mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes until the liquid has evaporated partly.
5. grate the peel of the lemon. Book. Cut the fillets of beef into thin strips. remove the mushrooms from the Pan and transfer to a bowl. In the same pan, add the remaining oil and butter, and when it is hot, add meat and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and let FRY for 5 minutes. Passed this time add the cognac and flambé (set on fire so that the alcohol evaporates and caramelise). Now add the cream and cook a couple of minutes.
6 Add mushrooms with onions and toss well.
7 serve our beef Stroganoff on a bed of fresh pasta. Enjoy!
- Serve with basmati rice
- Add a little paprika to the meat before cooking
- Preparation time - 25 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- servings: 6