Today I am happy to bring you these macaroni with mushrooms and caramelized onions. Besides being a recipe of 10, is that I'm here to introduce you to a new collaboration with Staub Loleta, a French brand of tableware of cast iron and ceramics which has me in love for many years.
I love your design, but I especially love their colors and the quality of their products. They are very elegant and get a touch of unique in the table. So this recipe will be as anuilo the finger because it is also an elegant but simple recipe you can prepare entirely in this beautiful iron pan.
This recipe I learned it long ago family Broutin thanks to Josephine. She (good family, the Broutin), was my first host in France when he began to study French at the end of the school and before College. That summer spent it in Pau, a town in the South of France, where Josephine summer with his family in a beautiful House that my I thought it was a mansion (and I think that today would follow what find me) with swimming pool, tennis court, Garden endless and Guest House.
It was from a large family, of Normandy in Northern France (Lille), those that join together on vacation. I recall that they were four brothers and each with his family at the same time, so the place was suitable to learn French: many children and many people wanting to spend a relaxed summer. Josephine was the smallest (my age), and was a summer whacked.
But not only for the French that I learned that it is true that there is where I let go to talk, but also for everything you did that day in the South of France. I know well the beaches of Biarritz, take long walks of hiking in the Pyrenees, visit Lourdes and to learn to play golf. The only downside of that summer is that I fattening a lot: how you could eat in that House! And at all hours! Big, snack in the pool, delicious meals, chocolate snacks, breakfast a dinner of scandal and these macaroni with mushrooms and caramelized onions. Hardly entered my pants again.
But above all, what I will never forget the affection with which treated me all that great family. I've always considered one person with luck in life, but above all with good luck with people I've hosted at home when I have travelled young girl. I keep lasting memories of those days and although I lost contact with them completely, I will never forget them. Thanks to the family Broutin for making that summer one magical, and thanks also for the recipe of these macaroni with mushrooms and caramelized onions!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 onions
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 250 ml red wine
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- salt + pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups chicken broth + 3/4 cups water
- 500 g of macaroni or your favorite pasta
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- a pinch of pepper's fall
- 3 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese
- 180 g of grated gruyere cheese
Total 7,42 to suponen1, 48 € per serving of the 5 generous servings which will leave you with these quantities
1. heat a large pot of high-sided to medium-high heat and add the butter.
2. Add brown sugar and onions chopped and cook about 10 minutes, moving frequently, until tender. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the wine, and leave everything to cook over low heat until the wine has evaporated and the onions are caramelized.
3. Add garlic and mushrooms to the onion and salt and pepper to taste. Add the broth and water and let it boil.
4. at this point Add pasta, Bay leaves and thyme and cook until the pasta is to the date.
5. Add a touch of cayenne pepper and half of the gruyere cheese and gorgonzola cheese. Let integrate well for a couple of minutes. Cover with the rest of the grated cheese and put the grill to fgratinar until the cheese has melted.
6 serve with a few sprigs of parsley.
- Add a few strips of bacon or ham to the macaroni.
- You can make it with any type of pasta
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 4