This recipe for lentils for new year, are some lentils with vegetables and representing traditional Italian dinner the night of new year's Eve. And is that in Italy, when becomes night of new year's Eve, and take these rich lentil.
There is who takes them on the desktop, but many take them as a first course with the cotequino, a rich sausage large meat serving as garrison. It is an ancient tradition dating back to ancient Rome.
The Romans, centuries ago, feasted at this time a small leather bag to attach it to the waist, and that was full of lentils, since with this I wanted to that year that new it were good and came full of coins (which have the same way as lentils)
And is not that I have become I Italian traditions at Christmas, (although my house always smells to) panetone and Pandoro at this time), but some time ago I tried them and since then I do them from time to time at home.
It is a traditional recipe and easy ideal also for the days that you don't feel like taking anything heavy, since they are a few lentils with vegetables, without broth and very light.
But they also have a foolproof trick, and it is that in its preparation, I've used Avecrem Duo pulses of Gallina Blanca. They are pills that thanks to the combination of onion, garlic, carrots and smoked paprika, provides lots of flavor and a great consistency.
And now let's go for this rich and light recipe that you chuparás you fingers like the Italians, although don't take them on new year's Eve.
For the lentils
- 500 g cooked lentils
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 / glass of white wine
- 1/2 glass of water
- 50 g butter
- 30 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablet of Avecrem Duo pulses of Gallina Blanca.
For the cotequino
- 500 g of pork minced twice
- 500 g of veal minced twice (although the only Italians use pork, to my I love to add a part of veal)
- 350 g of streaky bacon chopped twice
- 1 teaspoon of Walnut nutmeg ground
- a pinch of clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. start to prepare the cotequino. How to find natural sausage casings cannot easily Lake, I did it in plastic wrap that is very comfortable and easy. In a bowl mix all the ingredients of the cotequino and knead with your hands until all the flavors are well blended.
2. place the meat on a large piece of plastic wrap and form a rolo. It should be well prieto. If air bubbles remain puncture them. Go back to wrap in plastic wrap our cotequino. Put it in a saucepan with water and leave to cook for around 1 hour and a half until the meat is well cooked.
3. Meanwhile prepare the lentils. Drain the cooked lentils and reserve. Chop all the vegetables small. In a skillet saute in the butter with the oil and add the vegetables. Cook slowly until they are transparent.
4. then add the lentils and stir well. Pour the wine and water, and add the tablet of Avecrem Duo for vegetables. Move well and cook until the wine has evaporated.
5. when the meat is ready, remove it from the Pan and drain well before opening the plastic wrap roller. Cut the meat into wheels of a cm or 1.5 cm thick. Serve lentils accompanied by meat Buon Anno Nuovo!
- Instead of cooking the lentils used lentils in preserves
- You can also do the cotequino or roll of meat in the oven baking at 180 ° for 45 minutes
- Preparation time: 2 hours
- ConsejosDificultad tips and tricks: easy
- Servings: 4