"The true joy is in the simple things of life"
Today we pasta… ¡Venice It is now!. Is in full celebration of the Biennial of culture, and therefore the Show de Cine, so I thought, what best choice of recipe that make pasta?. A few months ago, I was at a workshop of the Still where the simpatiquisima Cook Florio Gabriela showed us some of the secrets of the pasta and that must take advantage of it. She comes from the South of Italy and shared with us varieties of dishes that had ever seen: a Cook lasagna Neapolitan ragu and fried Parmesan meatballs or pizza montanara, prepare pizzetas (as tiny pizzas) aperitif, in short, cover a wide range of dishes of pasta which helped me to continue to learn about one of the cuisines that fascinates me. Proof of this are already published Italian recipes that you can see HERE
Of Venice I have already spoken on occasion, but never get tired. Remember also that now the city is prepared to serve as a showcase for the celebration of the biennial through thousands of flashes that now dominate it. Along with Carnival, the Mostra complete two more internationally known events in the capital of the Veneto region.
Do want to take a walk through it Grand Canal?. It is inescapable. You can not you go there without having done a romantic route by boat or gondola. I bet the first boat, because I wanted to use it to discover other places. I leave the canal tour, think that they are 4 km away and there are hundreds of interesting buildings and surely more than one missing, but also it is not less true that those who are, you will like. The Grand Canal, despite its length and have only 4 bridges, it is a delight to explore it, and in addition the boat gives you the magical flavor of the last century.
Imagine if we both like the pasta, which recently, at home with a few good friends, organize "other" form live Italy, bringing the transalpine country home... We divagábamos Italian restaurant go this summer all together, and how not? appeared the crisis of through... so we came up with a brilliant idea, which I recommend to put it into practice: "ride" Italian restaurant at home, so the kindness that my friends characterizes them, made it available for a dinner to which baptized with the suggestive name of "La Dolce Vita". We deal ourselves tasks and organize menu: invitations, dinner, Italian music and details. Only had a purpose: that evoke an Italian night in... Portofino, Capri and Venice, for example. It was funny because we also force us to go dressed elegant and distinguished, according to the occasion. A success and more economic.
Sometimes things just have to give them routine a little return so they are different, and we will we will convert a dinner more among friends, in an imaginary journey, a pleasant evening anywhere that takes us the mind. You just have to put effort and affection, not missed detail: appetizers and dishes were incredible, bright decor, music carried us, the perfect companion,... had to Bellini and a magnificent Corner Gin cocktails... What delight!.
And in one of the dishes I wanted to stop me: fettuccine with truffles, made of fresh pasta, which my friend Carmen in exemplary way cooked. I encourage you to put into practice this resource and make the paste at home for several reasons: first, because it is richer than that it sold in supermarkets, you will see; Secondly, because it entertains children and adults in the kitchen (don't have much elaboration, it is very easy, but if you have to spend time) and third, because it requires very few ingredients and ends up being very cheap, very appropriate for the times that run.
Have you tried to make pasta at home? You urge me to do it?. Come on!, you'll. In this case also, finished with tomato sauce from my Neapolitan ragout
- 500 gr of durum wheat, 100 g per person (it can also be done with normal flour, in fact, I used wheat flour, but with semolina flour comes out amazing. This type of flour is found in gourmet shops and stores specializing in Italian cuisine) €1.04
- 5 eggs €0.63
- A pinch of salt €0.05
- A tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil €0.15
- A thermomix or pan mixer kneading, but the hands will be used to knead
- A machine for kneading and cut pasta. There are two types of machines: a short pasta rigatones, fusilli, penne, macaroni, etc and other long pasta: linguine, spaghetti, fettuccine, etc. Long pasta using the brand Imperia, and for short pasta, Regina.
- If you don't have machines, you'll have to use your hands, knife and cutting board, but it can be done without any problem, which only spreads less and more appetizing.
- A table in wood, roller knife
- A pan to boil the pasta
How about a Matarromera Crianza from 2006?. It is a good Bank100% tempranillo grapes and not very bad price, round the US $15.75. Pasta is very appropriate, very violet and spiced. Very rich.
1. manually: In the center of the table, wiping it previously, and with space around, place Crown-shaped semolina or flour. In the Middle put the eggs, oil and a pinch of salt. Go through the flour slowly to the Center mixed with eggs. You do not do it suddenly, we must not add more flour until you have added that is not well mixed with the eggs. It concludes 15 or 20 minutes, when the mixture has consistency and some toughness.
If we do so with a Thermomix, put all the ingredients in the bowl and knead for two-minute mode pin (much easier)
If we do it in a blender with Pan kneading (is like a rod only a little twisted), put all the ingredients in the bowl and knead until well incorporated. When you will get the consistent mass and something hard texture, ends.
2. let stand for a few minutes.
3. If you have a pasta machine, take a small ball of dough. It crushed with hands slightly, and begins to pass through the cylinders of the machine (see machine instructions). In each pass should go modifying the pass of the crank and sprinkle them a little flour so that it does not adhere, and thus the iron where transfer is increasingly finer. When you have reached the desired thickness, put the cutting of pasta attachment and cutting, in this case the fettuccine. Place the fettuccine on a tray sprinkled with flour.
Manually: If do not have machine. Take a piece of pasta, a little smaller than a tennis ball. Place it on a surface floured table, and with the help of a roll sprinkled with flour, go flattening the dough, until it is a sheet of dough very thin. Wrap it with help of hands forming a curler, and using a knife, cut pieces of half-centimeter wide. Carefully unroll each piece, one by one, thus we will obtain our ribbons or fettuccine. We can cut the sticks to the width that we like. Place the fettuccine on a tray sprinkled with flour. As you can see this way is much slower because you have to go cutting each fettuccine.
4. to cook the pasta in all cases, boil a saucepan with water over high heat. When the water is boiling add the pasta, small amount each time. The paste will sink slightly and will be ready when it rises to the surface. Strain the pasta to drain water and serve with the sauce chosen. The ideal is to boil the pasta just when you go to eat, but if you could not do it, then the best thing is to pass the pasta under cold water to stop the cooking and which do not pass. The pasta should eat to the Dente, i.e. cooked but firm enough so that it is nice to eat.
5. Add your favorite sauce: I gave the sauce of the Neapolitan ragout did the day before, with a little chopped fresh basil and was licking the fingers... and to provide: Bella Italy!
Lola, my mother...delicious...buf...
the truth is that it is a pending issue that I have...make fresh pasta...must be a wonder... I'm going to encourage to do it...I hope not much to mess up
me out a little of the topic, what eggs you use? I imagine that for the price that you indicate, will be number 3... I advise you to use the type 1 or 0, which is very noticeable to be a goose jacket!
Note that your items are made with lot of care, dedication, passion, and eager to... keep it!
Xabi thank you very much!
Which illusion you liked, quite sure that if tests will leave you great... sure!
Regarding eggs, for the pasta and recipes where it is not noticeable, usually use class L, class A (whose price is €1.50 dozen in Alcampo online). With this recipe, I want to show that a very rich and easy dish can be made with economic ingredients (and have fun cooking Meanwhile).
Camperos (much better quality) eggs I leave for occasions where if you appreciate the difference, for example: fried ham!, but also the pasta will be delicious with them.
Thank you for your support and your words of encouragement! When you both curras posts, thanks a lot.
Hello again Lola,
That preciousness of post you've marked today!
One already does not know if the first ideas is the recipe, the travel that goes with it, or in this case the fabulous history of this wonder of dinner...
You link with such mastery three stories, which merge into a single sublime way, transporting US to the beautiful Italy brilliantly. Today we talk of Venice, for me, the most beautiful city in the world, and which want nothing more to abandon it. The beautiful pictures and unbeatable recipe dinner, envy pure...
A huge kiss and waiting I have to read you again.
PD: Intente leave you a comment on Loleta by friends, thanking you photos, you're the best, thank you!
Hello Loreto. Now it happened!. The comments have been left on the damn spam and as these weeks ago have been liadísima, I have not reviewed it. Sorry, but they are now here your comments. Thank you very much for your heartfelt opinions and your contribution. I'm glad the linked stories of the intro of the post you transport, in a way is what I intend to when I relate it to travel. As always, it is a pleasure to count on you. A strong Kiss!
mmmmmmm, painting has!
But better know!
I love the recipe and easy that appears when you explain it!
Hi Alba. Thanks a lot. I hope you animes to practice this recipe and tell me what you get. A kiss. Loleta
I don't know that it happened, but my comment was lost...
In it he said you how amazed I am left with this post. Don't know if first ideas recipe, carefully choose the beautiful place that you are going to take, or in this case to remember the fantastic dinner that you marcasteis. The case is that you link them so brilliantly that it is a joy to read... as always!
A huge kiss and thank you for your words, your photos, your recipe and your feelings.
Hello Loreto. Thank you very much for your words, you are a charm. The truth is that you try as far as possible combine places or experiences with the recipes, are sometimes more successful and others are not, but I think that the link between travel and the food always provides a small plus to the reader. Attempt to always look for some common point with the recipe and that helps me to remember the vivid moments... They say that the best of travel is to remember them, n0?... Because imagine if I enjoy this. Again, as always, thank you very much. A kiss!
Paints with good, fresh pasta is my unfinished, very rich! A greeting