"A friend never tells you what you want to hear, tell you the truth and what is best for you"
This recipe I learned in the Hài Scout Café, A site that I recommend if ever you visit Hoi An, in Vietnam. The Scout Cafe as it is known among locals, is a charming restaurant, which practices vietnamese cooking classes Practice and casual way. The Cooking teacher was literally ... a showman, teaches you the recipes simple and colorful way. Test everything and easy alternative ingredients in Europe. We passed a very fun time. Finally, coffee has a beautiful courtyard entrance that allows for a quiet, intimate dinner, yet enjoys remarkable popularity among visitors, so you will see how is always lively.
Hoi An is considered World Heritage by UNESCO, so imagine the beauty of the place. It sits on an old natural outlet near the coast China SeaAnd the fact that it remained unchanged after the various wars have become one of the destinations with more taste of Asia. The network of streets, the colors of the houses and premises, lanterns hung on the walls, and genuine taste, do the old center of the city, known as Hoi An TownAn unforgettable place. It is a gem.
Is obliged enjoy tranquility of the city, small and manageable. You must not fail to see the shrines, visit the Japanese Bridge, stroll through the full of colors and flavors market, walk around the river restaurants, watch the artisans, shop, or enjoy a bike ride to the beaches along to coastal hotels.
Hài Scout Café is located in a low, old building, the usual kind there, whose entrance opens onto a garden at night is transformed into a bar. On the menu are very good sandwiches, like the crab club, western breakfast with delicious juices and traditional Vietnamese dishes. In addition, they also sell crafts of the tribes of the interior of Vietnam. In short, a place not to miss because it's nice because it is quaint and because, like most things in Vietnam, is cheap. Prepare the sticks!
- Level of difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 30 min.
- Seating: 4 persons
- 1 large squid clean or 400g fresh shredded squid medium € 2.70
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or ginger paste (sold in the supermarkets in the cold. The brand is called Gourmet Garden and sell both sachets and tubes). € 0.50
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped € 0.19
- 1 white onion, finely chopped sliced € 0.20
- 3 large avocados, mangoes or two 2 cucumbers or grated with coarse grater € 3.95
- 1 teaspoon salt, 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper, 2 teaspoons sugar, 2 tablespoons oil € 0.30
- the juice of a lime or lemon € 0.08
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint € 0.30
- 2 tablespoons chopped cashews (also served with cashew nuts peanuts but is much thinner) € 0.25
Total: € 10.47 to divide among four people 2,62 € per serving. This salad is very original and that Vietnamese cuisine is not well known in Spain. The preparation is easy and the presentation of the striking plate by green avocados (or orange handles).
- a coarse grater
- a pan
- a wooden spoon, bowls, tables of cutting, knives.
Salads go great with beer. For this dish I allow myself to recommend a Czech beer called BUDWEISER BUDVAR, to € 1.20. It is soft, fresh and very rich, you can find in the department stores and supermarkets.
1. The first thing we will do is clean avocados. To do so will cut the avocado in half with the help of a large knife. Turn avocado halves each in opposite sense to separate them. Then the blade'll nail in the bone avocado and we'll pull it to remove it. Using a large spoon, remove the pulp, from the spoon between the skin and flesh of the avocado. For that we use cucumbers, they are simply remove the skin, and if we use mango, peel them and remove the bone.
2. Using a coarse grater grate. Leave the bone with grated avocado so it does not rust and dark place. Every time you go to use avocados, do not waste your bones. Reservadlos and fix them together with chopped avocados leaving them in the same container. In this way evitaréis rust and maintain their green color for much longer, even days.
3. In a large skillet, ideally a wok, heat the oil. When hot add the garlic and half the ginger and saute until the garlic is golden.
4. Add the squid into strips and saute until well done (about 3-4 minutes). Remove from the fire. In the source where we will serve the salad, put the sauteed calamari.
5. In the same skillet, saute for a minute little onion with the remaining ginger and mix well everything.
6. Top with shredded squid avocados. Add to the pan the onion last. Over dressing with salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice.
7. Finally add chopped cashews and chopped mint. Serve immediately to take it warm. It is different, original, delicious and savor a piece of Asia home what more could you ask for?
Step by step on Pinrecipes