Roasted suckling pig has long been one of the Mexican dishes I cook at home more successfully. You all know that I love the cuisine of Mexico. I enjoy very much with it, as with other cuisines of the world, which are widely spaced and probably spicy because I love spicy and so does mine, then let us all one.
This dish has a base of roast pork meat marinated for hours (the best overnight). The dressing takes most characteristic ingredient achioteA typical spice of South America in addition to flavor, tinged with reddish meat. It is not spicy but a great natural coloring. Delightful dish even have to be patient because the marinade takes all night. I promise it's worth. If you do not like too spicy, you do not add to the onion chilies.
For the burger meat
- Ky 1 half lean pork (I usually use meat ham) 5.00 €
- 1 tablet of achiote or 75 g of achiote paste in a jar (it is completely essential to be able to make the cochinita pibil) 2,20 €
- 1/2 cup lemon juice € 0.20
- 1 cup orange juice € 0.20
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin € 0.03
- 1 teaspoon oregano € 0.05
- 1 teaspoon white pepper € 0.03
- 1 teaspoon black pepper € 0.03
- a little cinnamon € 0.03
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar € 0.47
- 125 g of butter or oil € 0.18
- 4 leaves of banana (you will find them frozen in Asian food stores in packages) € 1.00
- wheat tortillas (actually taken with corn tortillas, but I like more with wheat tortillas) € 1.50
- 6 habaneros peppers – very spicy warning! €0.35
- 2 large red onions € 0.60
- 1 cup lime juice € 0.50
- 1 cup orange juice € 0.40
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro € 0.25
- 3 cloves garlic, minced € 0.15
- 1/4 cup white cane alcohol vinegar €0.23
Total € 13.40 to between 12 rations that you will (each serving with several tortillas for each), represent € 1.1 feed. Delisosamente and deliciously spicy Mexican
1. Cut the meat into about 5 cm piece.
2. Dissolve the achiote in the lemon juice and orange.
3. Add the vinegar and spices. In a bowl place the pieces of meat and bathed with achiote while keeping stirring. Make sure the meat is well steeped in the mix of achiote. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate overnight.
4. Prepare the marinated onions. Chop the onions very thin and very young garlic. Chop the peppers into pieces as small as possible. Place all ingredients in a bowl and marinate overnight (it is best to marinate at least 4 hours, so I prepared the day before preparing the meat for the next day everything is perfect)
4. The next day, cover ovenproof bowl with previously smoked banana leaves (with the flame of the kitchen is perfectly smoked, and if you have a large burner or a even have to have more patience) . Put the meat juices all over and cover with butter or oil.
5. Wrap the meat completely with banana leaves and then cover tightly with foil. This will cause the juices do not escape and juicy meat leaves. Bake at 175 ° for 2 hours.
6. Remove from oven and let the meat enough to be tempered as deshilacharla hands. Here we must have patience because we have to deshilacharla all. Once undone, mix with the sauce that has been grilling.
7. Serve with marinated onions and wheat tortillas, but this time I chose to fill a small bread muffins to the delight of my son and his friends.
- If you do not have banana leaves you can make it with aluminum foil, but the taste varies slightly
- Try this recipe with chicken breasts
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 1 hour maceration time (overnight)
- Servings: 10