"Life does not wait for the storm to pass, is to learn to dance in the rain"
And as we are, what if we take one of the treasures best kept Swedes: the? cod? product very captured and worked in the Baltic, and among other countries, in Sweden. To cook it, than better recipe than a good rice in traditional paella with cauliflower and a contemporary touch of broccoli to the kitchen!
- -400 Gr. rice senia (approx. 3 cups) 0.80
- -4 fillets of cod of 150 Gr. approximately €6,00. The cod must be shredded and desalted previously (with at least 24 hours in advance, by changing the water regularly). Keep the skin.
- -Medium cauliflower cut into outbreaks €1.35
- -125 gr. of broccoli sprouts cut €0.26
- -3 tomatoes without seeds and grated €0.24 branch
- -2 garlic cloves, peeled, without threads and cut sliced €0.15
- -Olive oil (as a glass), a bit of turmeric and salt €1,90
- -Saffron and paprika €0.80
- Stock on bottom fish hot: three times the volume of rice in this case, as 9 cups (I improved the natural stock of fish brand Aneto), with garlic, peppers, paprika, toasted saffron, crabs and heads of the shrimps.
Total for the paella with the Aneto powered stock: €19.74. Per person €4.94
For Fish stock or fund improved Aneto, it will surprise you, we will use the following ingredients (price €8.96):
- -A peeled tomato grated €0.08
- -2 living sea crabs (or crab) €4,00
- -Heads of shrimps
- -Half a cup of oil €0.80
- -A garlic minced non-€0.07
- -A nora seeded chopped €0.10
- -A little toasted saffron (some strands) €0.40
- -A bit of paprika €0,20
- - And the fish stock Aneto (the volume you need, in this case a litre) €3.31
It starts to boil all 20 minutes approximately begun with fire half the bottom with oil, garlic, nora seedless and the grated tomato. Mix everything and give a few turns. Then crush the crabs and then heads of the shrimps for several minutes so that shed its flavor, and then added the rest of the broth and fire is up to medium-high completing it the toasted saffron and paprika. Finally passed through a sieve and retained only the liquid for the paella broth... very got and tasty!
1. first we go with paella ingredients and some previous actions before. A few tips:
- –Measure the amounts of rice and broth and you it remote from the outset. You make not so nervous when measuring during the development. If you do not get senia rice, use type D. O. Valencia pump
- -Remember to have the hot broth When it comes to pouring it into paella, you can heat it to the principle in the micro and before pouring into the paella, you give it a last heat stroke.
- -I advise you peel and chop all ingredients previously, and have them ready to cook before the start. Otherwise you estresarás you in the kitchen trying to do several things at the same time. You will gain time when cooking the paella.
- -To desalinate the cod, keep it in water at least 24 hours prior to crumble it. Change the water at least 3 or 4 times if you shake it so that the salt is diluted. When you have it desalted, desmigad it and separate the skin (not digital it)
2 we started cooking: cut the garlic sliced, as always, taking care to clean off the strand, or heart (so avoid to repeat) and sprinkled a little salt for all the paella so the bottom does not burn.
3. Add olive oil the bottom of the pan with garlic and we light the fire of the barbecue to medium-low. We nivelamos the paella so that it is not geared towards any side. In my case, I have a pan of conventional gas from two fires, only I turn on the small center ring so that I Cook in the middle of the paella and I'm removing the perimeter ingredients already facts (without removing them from the paella). If the Pan that you have only have a ring of gas, can also do it, taking care to remove the ingredients once made.
4. once begin to be golden garlic, add the skins of cod loins (we depart the shredded rest for later). Season it and remove them for 4-5 minutes until he impregnates all the bottom of the paella. It is finally removed.
5 start with cauliflower and broccoli, first with the cauliflower, that sauteed it for about 5 minutes over medium heat with a bit of oil from the bottom. Once cooked, remove to the perimeter. Do the same with the broccoli (5 min.) We also depart until the end, but this was the paella.
6. then FRY the flaked cod for five minutes on medium heat along with the garlic. The cod will Brown a bit and take the aromas of each ingredient. We separated it to the perimetro.7. Pour tomato paprika and grated: Heat for one minute over medium heat so is Sauté first paprika (no more that it burns), later, we add tomato for three or four minutes more and remove it.
8. it is measured the volume of the 400 Gr. of rice in a cup (for example). In my case, occupy 3 cups (depends on the size of Cup you use). Therefore, triple the volume of rice, reserve of fumet, for this paella, 9 cups, to finally go watering demand according to go seeing the firing of the rice while it is cooking. I put the heat on micro fumet (2 min) at maximum power. It is very important that the broth is very hot when we add it to the paella, since otherwise it would break the rice cooking.
9. We incorporate all the rice with a bit of oil and for 4/5 minutes stir constantly over medium heat. Browning it well, we got a little "Brown" rice, which will help us to give final ease.
10 then light ring big barbecue (outdoor) over high heat and also climbed the center ring. All the full stock are about 9 cups, so that with very hot stock, We first add to paella only 2/3 parts (6 of 9 cups) of the same, alike and mix together with other ingredients. Full stock triples just the volume of rice. We leave the other 3 cups to then demand, we reguemos with more broth to achieve the fluency of rice (will keep you warm and reserved). Stir well with slotted spoon to make it all matched. We tried salt, and add a bit more if necessary, taking into account that the broth of rice must be tasty generously, since it loses some salt in the absorption of liquid that makes the grain.
11 and proceed with the rice cooking: We are going to bring to boiling stock and that the maximum of flavor is in the grain. We let the two fires (the outer and the inner ring) to the maximum for approx. 10 minutestaking care of the fire spread by all the paella evenly. Stay tuned because the broth boil and will appear many pompitas across the surface. We are watering with 3 extra cups last about 5-7 minutes where we see that you becoming failure so that the rice is not without broth anywhere (keep in mind that the paella with concave and the Center always accumulates more amount of rice which the perimeter that the layer is of an only grain).
12 after the first 10 minutes, We will reduce the fire to medium low, and will thus keep it approximately 7 min. The end will coincide when it is very little broth into paella, and at this time will have evaporated virtually everything. The firing of the grain, we tested if it is tender on the outside and somewhat whole inside, is the time. If not, water a tad more to the driest areas distributing it equally. This makes a little stock still in the paella dish by evaporation to the next step.
13 we deal equally broccoli sprouts over the surface of the paella. As already it had cooked before, now only need a mild heat stroke.
14 we will proceed to cover the paella with aluminum foil (we turn it into a furnace). So when the grain is ready (whole inside and tender on the outside), and gets the fire back to high a couple of minutes for evaporation, to take effect. The couple of minutes shuts off the fire, and let the aluminum foil, which rice to rest for at least 5/7 minutes and finish cooking.
15 stir paella completely before serving, and the rice in the dish will get homogeneous texture, since never become equally grains from the Center to the perimeter. We ended up with a very Baltic, but Spanish rice in a thin layer of rice. The rice is ready to be served... to the table! Delicious!
- Get all the ingredients previously prepared, peeled and cut. Can save you lot of time
- If you don't have senia rice, but you have pump, fastening slightly the amount of stock to incorporate in the paella (leave only 1 liter and quarter aprox.)
- So the paella rice is not sticky, you must be cautious with the times and the amount of broth. When it gets sticky, unless it is intentional, it seems to be poorly finished
- If you have more time, you can make stock from scratch. I invite you to see the process that how to do it in a way completes this post
- If you spare you some stock, you not paper it, freeze it and take it to the next fish paella which you are going to cook. It is a succulent and convincing
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Preparation time: 45 min. (Broth aside 35 min.)
- Seating: 4 persons