This rice from the Montes de Málaga is my tribute to my land on the Day of Andalusia.
A delicious dish that you can only take in the Sierra de los Montes de Málaga and now also at home preparing it in a very simple way. The ingredients are very easy to get and the taste is unique because it has cumin, and other spices that give it a unique field flavor.
It is the most typical dish of the Sierra de Málaga along with the duck of the Montes that carries crumbs, eggs, fruits, chorizo, black pudding and loin in butter. All very light but delicious
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch of tender garlic
- 300 g clean chicken cut into small pieces – I used chicken breast that I love
- 300 g beef cut into small pieces*
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon and a half of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large grated tomatoes or a small can of crushed tomato (400 gr)
- 200ml white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 2 Bay leaves
- 350 g rice
We start by sautéing the peeled and chopped garlic cloves in a little olive oil. After a couple of minutes add the chopped garlic.
Turn around and add the chicken and beef, sauté over medium heat for a couple of minutes and add the pepper cut into strips. We give a couple of turns and add the spices: paprika, cumin and black pepper.
Let it cook for a minute stirring so that the spices are well distributed, and add the crushed tomato. Let it sauté until the tomato is well integrated, and add the white wine.
Add the salt and let it cook until it boils. Then add the chicken broth and the bay leaf.
When the broth comes to a boil, add the rice. Stir well and rectify salt and if necessary add a little more pepper or cumin (I really like cumin so I almost always add a little more, but with the measure I have given you it will be delicious).
Let it boil for five minutes and after this time, cover and let cook for 7 more minutes.
Remove from heat, uncover and check the point of salt. Cover again and let stand for five minutes**.
And that's it!
**You have to be careful because depending on the type of rice we may need more or less cooking time. That is why it is important to taste the point of the rice before letting it rest, because always the rice et5á already ready, we put it to serve it without resting.
Tips and Tricks
- *You can replace chicken meat with rabbit meat because it is also used in some places to make this rice
- For the rice to come out brothy we must calculate a ratio of 1-4 and so we will have the brothy rice at its point
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 5