"Isn't life a hundred times too short for bored?"
"Some time ago, we decided to revisit the flirtatious farm from a good friend of mine that once again I have spoken, and practice the"take & cook"... That what is that?" simple, what we collected from the garden that same morning, fresh, cook it... and we ate it, that simple. More naturalimpossible. In this case, in a super rice paella we baptize pun: rice in field and garden paella.
Not is if once you've done this... say, cooking mode. It is a way natural and ecological contact with nature through food. It reminds me of series and episodes of celebrity chefs that go to their orchards to collect herbs and vegetables and use them as ingredients in their dishes. Any time of the year is good to ask you this as participatory way of eating at meeting, but more advisable with spring and summer by the fruits giving land. If you also have young children it is a unique opportunity to make contact and awareness of the natural origin of foods that are only seen in supermarkets. You will enjoy as a dwarf, and you also.
To be in the summer, picked up garlic, spring onions, red and green peppers, eggplants and carrots... imagine rice!. Home I took the sauce prepared in my traditional way (with a little onion, thyme and Rosemary that you can see it here) and I added him because there were children and love, a little chicken and ham. More field can not be. Finally, we collect some strawberries to refresh the digestion of rice with a good gin & tonic. Infallible.
Do you know the origin and the health benefits of these crops? Read carefully and give you more arguments to increase the dose of vegetables in your day to day:
- Garlic: Vegetable originating in India and ancient Egypt. It promotes the circulation of the heart, mostly taken in raw.
- Chives: Of Siberian origin, in China it is cultivated for more than 2,000 years. Full of antioxidants, its high content of fibers, vitamins and minerals, makes them a great reguladro of the organism
- Peppers: Originating in Mexico for more than 6,000 years, it is rich in vitamin C and low in calories, it is an ally in the diets to lose weight
- Eggplant: India, Burma and China. It is degreasing and low cholesterol
- Carrots: From Iran, although oranges as we know them, came from the Netherlands in the 17th century. It helps to view by its vitamin A, and protects your skin from the Sun by stimulating the melamine
If you still doubt its benefits, just you try the recipe... You day. There is no better end for a sunny day in the garden discovering the origin of natural foods, finish cooking them yourself. Give it to the take & cook!
- Difficulty level: intermediate
- Preparation time: 45 min.
- Seating: 4 persons
Of field and super:
- 400 Gr. rice senia (approx. 3 cups) €0.80
- 3 sliced chicken breast fillets. €2.35
- 2. sliced also free-range chicken legs. €2.45
- (Like a cup) extra virgin olive oil a little turmeric and salt €1,90
- A few strands of Saffron €0.80
The orchardWe collect:
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, without threads and cut sliced €0.15
- 2 spring onions, cut very fine in dices €0.62
- 2 medium eggplants, peeled and cut into small cubes €0.90
- 2 carrots, cut very fine in dices €0.10
- 2 green and red peppers into small cubes €0.40
- 1 leek, cut very fine €0.72
Prepared home I brought my succulent sofrito tomato (which must use as ration, about 400 Gr.) €2.20
Of vegetables and ham hot: three times the volume of rice CA. in this case, as 9 cups (joined a liter of vegetable stock and a litre of ham stock, both of) Aneto), and the mixture got which I added to the paella. As I made it to more people, I provide the cost of the mixture of broths to 3/4 of a litre for each type to fit 4 servings. Each brick stock costs €2.99, so 3/4 litre supposed €2.25.
Total for the paella: €17.89. For Diner, €4.47. A very natural rice at one price more than affordable per serving.
Note: I prepared paella for more people, so we have provided the amounts
- -Paella of inside diameter 50 cm (for a thin layer of rice, baking much better).
- -Cylinder of butane gas barbecue (fire)
- -Saucepan or pot for the broth from stew and ham.
- -Microwave or hob to heat the broth
- -Mortar or blender and strainer
- -Slotted spoon, chopping, boards aluminium foil, various containers, etc.
I recommend a wine that I really liked when they gave it to me to try, and it pairs wonderfully. It is of PradoRey Crianza, the wineries of the same name. With 90 points in the Parker Guide and 91 in the Penin, like Fund that reveals its passage through the barrel. Fruity and velvety. Its price, €12,50
1. first we go with paella ingredients. Before you begin, a few tips:
- -We must have prepared the sauce before you begin with the paella. I advise you to do a lot and spread in different containers for the freezer
- –Measure the amounts of rice and broth, and keep them away from the beginning. You make not so nervous when measuring during the development. If you do not get senia rice, use type D. O. Valencia pump
- -Remember to have the hot broth When it comes to pouring it into paella, you can heat it to the principle in the micro and before pouring into the paella, you give it a last heat stroke.
- -I advise you peel and chop all ingredients previously, and have them ready to cook before the start. Otherwise you estresarás you in the kitchen trying to do several things at the same time. You will gain time when cooking the paella.
2 we started cooking: cut garlic, as always, taking care to remove the strand or heart Centre (so avoid to repeat) and sprinkled a little salt for all the paella so the bottom does not burn.
3. Add olive oil the bottom of the pan with garlic and we light the fire of the barbecue to medium-low. We nivelamos the paella so that it is not geared towards any side. In my case, I have a pan of conventional gas from two fires, only I turn on the small center ring so that I Cook in the middle of the paella and I'm removing the perimeter ingredients already facts (without removing them from the paella). If the Pan that you have only a ring of gas, you can also have it taking care to remove the ingredients once made.
4. once begin to be golden garlic, got the fire to medium-high and add the drumsticks and chicken breastso golden brown and give off juice at the bottom of the skillet, first one and then the other. Season it and remove it so that do not adhere or skip oil for 6 or 7 minutes. When each one of them are well grilled, we withdrew to the perimeter of the paella so not continue cooking (or directly away until later).
5. Then Add the center of paella all gathered in the Garden: Carrot (first the harder vegetables) and sauteed it for about 5 minutes over medium heat. Once cooked, remove to the perimeter. The same thing we do with the red and green, peppers and eggplants and finally chive and leek togetherall very chopped (for 3/4 minutes). As it is Browning, we separated it to the edge.
6. Pour the sauce made of tomato, chives, thyme, Rosemary, bay leaf, oil and salt. Heat it for a couple of minutes over medium heat, then mix it with the other ingredients and cooked together for a couple of minutes.
7. it is measured the volume of the 400 Gr. of rice in a cup (for example). In my case, occupy 3 cups (depends on the size of Cup you use). Therefore, I reserve ham broth and vegetables, about 9 cups, three times the volume of rice, to finally go watering demand according to go seeing the firing of the rice while it is cooking. I put to heat the broth, since it is capital sure the broth is very hot when we add it to the paella, in other words, break the rice cooking.
8. We incorporate all the rice and for 4/5 minutes stir constantly over medium heat. Browning it well, we got a little "Brown" rice, which will help us to give final ease.
9 then turn ring big barbecue (outdoor) over high heat and also climbed the center ring. Add the broth a bit of turmeric to give color and remove it before pouring it. All the full stock are about 9 cups, so that with the hot broth, We first add to paella only 2/3 parts (6 of 9 cups) of the same, alike and mix together with other ingredients. The full stock triples just the volume of rice. We leave the other 3 cups to then demand, we reguemos with more broth to achieve the fluency of rice (will keep you warm and reserved). Stir well with slotted spoon to make it all matched. We tried salt, and add a bit more if necessary, taking into account that the broth of rice must be tasty generously, since it loses some salt in the absorption of liquid that makes the grain.
10 and proceed with the rice cooking: We are going to bring to a boil the stock and that the maximum of flavor is in the grain. We let the two fires (the outer and the inner ring) to the maximum for approx. 10 minutestaking care of the fire spread by all the paella evenly. Stay tuned because the broth boil and will appear many pompitas across the surface. We are watering with 3 extra cups last about 5-7 minutes where we see that you becoming failure so that the rice is not without broth anywhere (keep in mind that the paella with concave and the Center always accumulates more amount of rice which the perimeter that the layer is of an only grain).
11 after the first 10 minutes, We will reduce the fire below, and will thus keep it approximately 7 min. The end will coincide when it is very little broth into paella, and at this time will have evaporated virtually everything. The firing of the grain, we tested if it is tender on the outside and somewhat whole inside, is the time. If not, water a tad more to the driest areas distributing it equally. This makes a little stock still in the paella dish by evaporation to the next step.
13. We cover the paella with aluminum foil (turn it into a furnace) when the grain is ready (whole inside and tender on the outside), and fire rises to high a couple of minutes so that evaporation, to take effect. The couple of minutes shuts off the fire, and let the aluminum foil, that based rice for at least 5/7 minutes and finish cooking.
14 stir paella completely before serving, and the rice in the dish will get homogeneous texture, since never become equally grains from the Center to the perimeter.
15 and... ready!. "We have achieved a"take and cook"one of the most original. Rice paella with products of the field and orchard, but remember that you must do it in a big paella so the rice layer is fine, but you will not be perfect.
Act followed, rice is ready to be served... Bon Appetit!
Tips and tricks:
1 keep all ingredients previously prepared, peeled and chopped. Can save you lot of time
2 If you don't have senia rice, but you have pump, fastening a little the amount of broth to incorporate into the paella (leave only 1 liter and quarter aprox.)
3. so in the paella rice is not sticky, you need to be cautious with the times and the amount of broth, unless you prefer it as well
You like to review all my rice paella recipes? I have more than one dozen... Watch HERE
- – You can follow the day-to-day of the blog also on social networks: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Flickr and Instagram
- -Also you can subscribe to receive news in your e-mail, Subscribe HERE.
Thank you for your support!
Finally, I leave you the link of the next courses and the Market "Cerrado Food Market" I have programmed in may:
Laboratory of Flavors