These fluffy créme fraîche pancakes were one of the last breakfasts we had in New York last year.
This has been the first year after many, that we have not been to New York in February. And just the other day that was the day of the pancakes (we were caught in Copenhagen), I remembered these pancakes that are the fluffiest we have ever taken.
They are very easy to make and taste amazing. Mix the dry ingredients, add the wet ones and ready. Mamam pancakes on your table.
- 350 g wheat flour*
- 60 g sugar**
- 2 and a half teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 325 g créme fraîche***
- 320 ml milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml sunflower oil or soft olive oil
Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
In another bowl mix the wet ingredients
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ones and mix until there are no lumps.
In a very hot griddle or pan we make the pancakes. So that they all come out the same, we can use a small cup or glass.
We let them brown on one side and when bubbles come out on the surface, we turn them over. Brown a couple more minutes and serve them accompanied by whipped cream, melted chocolate, maple syrup or caramel. I love to put red fruits on them: raspberry or strawberries.
Tips and Tricks
- * You can use whole wheat, oatmeal or spelt flour, but as they are more fluffy is with white wheat flour
- **You can use your favorite sweetener
- You can replace the crème fraîche with cream with a tablespoon of lemon. This will make the pancakes not rise so much but they will be amazing
- To keep pancakes warm, turn on the oven at 100ºC
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 12 pancakes
What a super pintaza! A recipe that I plan to try and myself!
Hello Carmen, thank you very much. I hope you like them