This delicious oyster omelet is a classic street food of South Asia. You need to have the pan very hot and very fresh oysters. You need not be large caliber but I assure you will not regret using them with this recipe. Loleta will show off with you to succeed with your guests.
For the omelet:
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or cornstarch mixed with 1/2
- tablespoon rice flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 fresh oysters
- 1 teaspoon Shaoxing rice wine
- Cilantro fresco
- Chilli sauce
Ingredients for Chili Sauce:
- 4 fresh seedless red chilies or red gum and a red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 ml rice vinegar
- sugar to taste
1. Prepare the sauce: put all the ingredients in a bowl it is important that the peppers are cleaned of seeds and pips
2. Beat the eggs and add the fish sauce and pepper. Mix and book
3. Skip the oysters in sunflower oil and some wine. Reserve.
4. Make the dough by mixing flour pancake flour with water.
5. In a skillet, fry a tablespoon of dough in a little oil.
6. Add the eggs and curdle tortilla on one side. Add a little more dough and fold the tortilla pancakes. Add the oysters and some fish sauce.
7. Serve accompanied by chilli sauce and lettuce leaves.