A delicious Risotto with Creole sausage and cashew nuts will be pleasantly surprised. With the technique of the true risotto and a tasty Creole sausage, you can enjoy an authentic rice at home.
- A quarter cup of olive oil
- a little fresh parsley
- a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 50 g butter
- 400 g rice carnaroli or arborio rice
- 100 g chopped cashew nuts
- 2 or 3 very chopped fresh chives
- 150 g of pecorino cheese
- 60 g of grated reggiano Parmesan cheese
- 1 fresh sausage or 3 Creole sausage chopped without casings. Creole sausage gives it more flavor but if you don't like someone can make the recipe with fresh white sausages or fresh sausage.
- 1'5 litres of hot chicken broth
- 4 slices of serrano ham
- 1 glass of wine white or pink
1. using a sharp knife, remove the Creole sausage, sausages or sausage casings, and chop it.
2. in a skillet, fry the sausages until they are well done. Once ready, drain the oil well and set aside in a dish.
3. in a pan put oil and butter and heat over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the finely chopped onion. Saute until the onion is soft.
4. Add rice and give a few turns until the rice is almost transparent. Then add the chopped cashews. It must be borne in mind that to make the risotto, as opposed to for example the paella rice dishes, we can not stop moving with the wooden spoon, since otherwise, the rice will not loose all the starch that we need to make it creamy.
5. Add the glass of wine and cook until the alcohol has evaporated (a couple of minutes approximately).
6 then start adding the stock with the help of a saucepan. Add the broth slowly: Add a ladle of hot broth, and moves with the wooden spoon until the broth has been consumed. Then add another ladle of broth, and so until we have added almost all the broth. Normal is that rice has reached its optimum point you have to add it all, but you have to try it, because it will depend on the hardness of the grain of rice, and it is possible that us upon or which is missing us a little. In that case, add what is missing with water.
7. When are we about 2 buckets for add, add the Creole sausage and grated cheese, and moves to mix well. Turns off the fire, add remaining two saucepans of broth and covered. Let stand 5 minutes. To my personally I like that rest to do it in the oven at 180 ° C, but for that you need a pan that you can put in the oven. If you do not have it do not worry because with covered rest, rice comes out just as good.
8. While the rice rests, we make chips of ham in the microwave.
9. after having rested 5 minutes at least, serve the rice with a chip of ham over and decorated with a bit of fresh parsley
Photos courtesy of MIriam Robledo, TV Channel Canal Cocina