This meatloaf is a recipe that has been present in my life for as long as I can use reason.
My grandmother would make the meatloaf in a casing as a cold cut, and then simmer it for hours to make it juicy and very soft.
But then my mother managed to simplify the recipe for this meatloaf without taking a spark out of its rich flavor, to turn it into one of our favorite meats at home.
She would prepare this meatloaf every summer, returning from the beach on Saturday mornings, but then when we grew up, also every night of concert, every Easter, every Malaga Fair and every Christmas. It was what my brothers and I found when we came home late after we left or after studying at a friend's house or library. A rich meatloaf with good bread to quell hunger before we go to bed.
And it is a very tasty meatloaf, fat-free but with all the flavor, light and very versatile that the same can be taken hot with fries and homemade tomato sauce, or as today as a cold cut in a good snack (my favorite).
At home I prepare it many times as an alternative to breaded steaks when we go picnicking to the countryside or the beach and it is also so easy to eat! You want to, don't you? Well, let's get the recipe.
- 1 kg and a quarter of minced meat – I always use half pork half veal but you can also use chicken or turkey, mix them or just one class.
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 chopped walnuts (if already peeled purchases will be 10 halves of walnut)
- 1 teaspoon of Walnut nutmeg ground
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 g chopped Serrano ham (the better quality the better)
- 3 tablespoon breadcrumbs (the total amount will range from 2 to 3 tablespoons and will depend on the size of the eggs and the type of meat)
In a large bowl we put the minced meat with the spices and move well.
Add the ham and eggs along with the walnuts and mix again
Add two tablespoons of breadcrumbs and mix well taking into account that a sticky dough should remain but can be molded. If it's too liquid we can add a little more breadcrumbs.
We give the flesh a rulo shape. Lightly grease a sheet of foil with a little oil. We put the meat in and roll it up.
We puncture the curl with the help of the tip of a knife or with a fork. We place it on a rack in an oven. This way the juice you release will not fall on the oven and will not stain it.
We bake it for about 50-60 minutes at 190 degrees in the oven. To know when he's here, we can squeeze a little. If by any of the holes I have shown open comes red juice is that it still lacks a little but if the juice is light or brown, then it means it is already.
Remove from the oven and place on a rack. We put on top a board and a liter of milk to press it well and then we can cut it without problem.
It's delicious with some white rice and my homemade tomato sauce, but as I like it the most is in sandwich, with bread mold or bar bread and with what I find in the fridge.
Tips and Tricks
- The meat freezes very well so you can prepare it today and eat it when it suits you best. The easiest thing is to freeze it made steaks so that it can slowly thaw
- My grandmother did it with truffle and it looks brutal, but I didn't stay when I made the recipe so I didn't put it on, but if you can put fresh truffle on it or a canned black truffle jar. 10 left
- You can add a piece of chicken breast in the center and you'll have a different meatloaf left
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time 60 minutes
- Servings: 10
Hello Loleta! Could you exchange the nuts for another dried fruit? ... allergy problems
Thanks a lot!
Of course you can put the one you like the most. A hug
Thank you so much!!!
To you Isabel.A kiss
Hello!! Hello!! Once you get out of the oven and put to press, how long must it take to break it?
Hello Mecedes, an hour at least to cut it without problem. A hug