This mousse coconut and mango sauce is the dessert that often accompanies all my Oriental meals. The mixture of coconut with mango is very exotic and very delicate. Different and original, and Loleta
For the mousse
- 150 gr of type digestive biscuits
- 50 gr of butter
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200 ml milk
- 1 pod of vanilla or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 125 g of sugar
- 5 gelatin sheets
- 150 g of liquid cream
- meringue: 3 egg whites + 100 gr of sugar
For the tropical salsa:
- 1 handle
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon (optional)
- icing sugar to taste
- 2 leaves of gelatine (optional)
- This dessert can be mounted individually or in cake. Crush the digestive biscuits until they become almost powder. Add melted butter and mix well.
- Lining a detachable mould with the mass of cookies slightly crushing but do not tighten much. Reserve in the fridge.
- Put the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water.
- Put as heat the coconut milk with regular milk and vanilla.
- Whiten the egg yolks with sugar (beat with electric rods until they are foamy)
- Pour over yolks milk boiling and stir well. Return to low heat and let that it thickens without breaking it to boil moving with wooden spoon. Dissolve the gelatin leaves in the hot cream. Tuning. To go faster can put the bowl in a container with cold water occasionally moving (try to avoid sticking it in the fridge because if we neglect us gelatin can curdle, but if we hurry we can get her a little so you lose heat more quickly).
- Beat the egg whites until they are foamy. Add sugar and beat until glossy and smooth.
- Mount the cream that must be very cold.
- Mix with the cream of coconut with outflanking clearly. Add the whipped cream also outflanking.
- Fill with the mixture mould lined with cookies and let stand in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- Peel and cube the mango. Blend and add the orange juice and if you want a bit of lemon and sugar.
- Bathing with the mango sauce.
- After an hour since the mousse is in the refrigerator if you want to you can add the gelatin leaves hydrated cream of mango that we derretiremos in a tablespoon of orange juice. Turns on the mousse mixture and let it cool.
Photos courtesy of MIriam Robledo, TV Channel Canal Cocina