Today we have vegetable lasagna but a different lasagna. Instead of with bechamel I have prepared it with a soft and delicious cream cheese that gives a very rich flavor to the vegetables.
It is a perfect recipe for use because we can use all the remains of vegetables that we have in the fridge and it will always be rich.
It's very easy, you can make it and freeze it and it's a different way to eat a lot of vegetables. I hope you like it as much as we do. MY mother has become addicted.
- 1 packet of lasagna pasta – I like to buy it already pre-cooked so you don't have to soak it or anything, just put it on the tray with the hot filling and make it in the oven. The one I buy is this
- 1 kg of chopped tomatoes siin skin or seeds or one can of crushed tomato
- a few fresh basil leaves
- 3 medium or 2 large carrots
- 1 eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 200 g grated dried mozzarella
For the cream cheese frosting
- 150 g cream cheese
- 200 g grated grana padano cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a little freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g fresh spinach
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cook the pasta following the instructions. I like to buy it already pre-cooked so you don't have to soak it or anything, just put it on the tray with the hot filling and it is made in the oven. The one I buy is this.
Chop all the vegetables in brunoise (in small squares more or less the same size).
In a pan put the onion with the tomato to fry. When all the water has evaporated, add a handful of fresh basil and set aside.
While in a saucepan sauté the carrot, zucchini, eggplant, onion and pepper until the vegetable is soft. When they are ready, add the tomato and mix well.
For spinach, in a pan brown the garlic in the oil, when golden add the spinach leaves and sauté them. Finely chop and set aside.
In a bowl we put all the ingredients of the Grana Padano cream and crush until we get a smooth cream. Add the spinach and mix well.
In a fountain suitable for oven we put a tablespoon of the vegetables with tomato in the background. On it we place a layer of cooked paste and put on top a layer of cream of grana padano. Cover with a layer of vegetables. We put on top another layer of pasta. And we repeat once again putting more cream of grana padano, another of vegetables and finish with the pasta.
Cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese and grana padano. Bake at 210 degrees for about 15 minutes until the lasagna is hot and the cheese is golden.
Tips and Tricks
- You can replace the cream cheese with mascarpone cheese
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 10