Andalusian gazpacho is probably the most famous cold summer soup. Simple ingredients make it a perfect sports drink for warmer days and prevents dehydration salts and vitamins it contains.
As it is the case with many traditional recipes, each one has his own recipe, and almost no recipe is the same as the other. In my case, for example,I do not add cucumber because I don't like the taste that it gives. And which are the quantities? They also vary according to each recipe because each is adapted to your personal tastes. There is only one thing common and mandatory: the tomato which should be red and mature so that it takes its color, aroma and flavor.
There are also thousands of different versions that add strawberries, watermelon, cherry, apple and other fruits lightening the flavor or giving different nuances to this cold and rich soup.
Let go then with this super recipe for summer that will be with us every day for the next few months as a starter or dinner, chilled, with or without lining. A must at our summer table, at least here in the South!
- 1.5 kg red mature tomatoes (the best tomatoes are, the best our gazpacho will taste) 2,00 €
- 1 green italian pepper 0,20 €
- 1 garlic clove 0,05 €
- 1/2 onion 0,10 €
- 250 ml dextra virgin olive oil 1,00 €
- 2 spoons cherry vinegar 0,20 €
- 100 g bread (preferably from the previous day) 0,10 €
- 250 ml cold water 0,05 €
- 1 teaspoon salt 0,03 €
Total €5.53 that among the 8 you servings we will have are € 0.69 per serving. Healthy, fresh and cheap this delicious summer soup. Long live to the Andalusian gazpacho!
1. Wash the vegetables and remove the tail to tomatoes and peppers. It is not necessary to peel them because once ready, we will strain it through a fine sieve so that the texture is creamy and clean.
2 Set aside a tomato and a pepper for lining. Chop the vegetables: tomatoes, peppers and onion into large pieces. Remove the center of the garlic and set aside.
3. In a bowl of electric mixer, put all ingredients. If we don't have an electric mixer, we can do it with a hand mixer, but we will have to take more time and will have to do it in two times to make it easier to get the creamy texture.
4 Mix well until all ingredients are well crushed.
5. On a large bowl, strain with the help of a fine sieve to remove the pips and skins and leave a thin and creamy texture. Leave at least a couple of hours in the fridge. We can also use cold ingredients and so we can serve it right away.
6. Chop brunoise (small squares) a tomato and a slice of green pepper to serve as garrison. Serve in bowls and accompany garrison.
- Serve with chopped serrano ham
- Prepare it in advance, but you will have to shake well before serving because the water will separate from vegetables
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 10