This tiramisu was the one that conquered my heart more than 20 years ago.
How a city can change based on the time and weather you arrive. Our first encounter with Rome was an unpleasant night that resulted in 8 days of sun, light and art everywhere. That's how you get hooked on Rome, well, with that and with its tiramisu.
Since then I've tried many and of all of them I'll keep this one that I learned many years ago and that I haven't changed a comma since then. Very easy ingredients that result in the silkiest tiramisu you can imagine.
I'm just going to give you a piece of advice: it's very important that mascarpone isn't private label. Don't ask me why, but I assure you that when I've tried it, and I've tried different brands, the cream is much softer and can't be decorated with a piping bag. If you're not going to use the pastal bag, you can buy whatever you want, but if you want to decorate it like I've done, you need a real Italian mascarpone.
- 500 g mascarpone cheese (important that it is not private label because it does not have the same strength. The cream is much softer and cannot be garnished with a piping bag afterwards)
- 250 g of icing sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Cognac or brandy (actually used almond liqueur but a mi me gusta more brandy)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 packages of biscuits type cake
- 1 cup of coffee (you can use decaf as I)
- 3 tablespoons pure cocoa powder
Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and reserve the egg whites.
In a large bowl beat the egg yolks with the cheese, sugar and brandy, beat with the help of some electric rods until the mixture is creamy good. With the help of a spatula, lower what you have pasted on the walls, and book
In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks. We started to batis and when they have a little foaming, add a ciucharada of sugar to help that they bleach and remain formes. I beat them to a hand, so can see that you can do, but it is a little more time. If you have a few electrical poles much easier and faster
When the egg whites are ready, begin to add them to the cream cheese gradually, with help of a few hand rods or a spatula until they are well integrated and the cream is good foamy.
In a rectangular mold, or individual vessels, put a layer of biscuits dipped in coffee. On this layer, we will put a layer of cream. Then another wet in coffee cake and finish with a cream. Let cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Best to prepare it the day before and let cool 24 hours so that sits well.
Before serving, we sprinkle it with pure cocoa powder and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Prepare it the day before and you win in taste and texture
- It is very important that mascarpone is not private label. Don't ask me why, but I assure you that when I've tried it, and I've tried different brands, the cream is much softer and can't be decorated with a piping bag. If you're not going to use the pastal bag, you can buy whatever you want, but if you want to decorate it like I've done, you need a real Italian mascarpone.
- If you don't want to use alcohol you don't have to do it
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 10