This homemade lemon cake with ricotta has all the charm of the cakes baked at home with an extra flavor thanks to the ricotta cheese. It is a cheese made with the leftover whey of making cheese from sheep's milk. It is an Italian cheese that for some, it resembles cottage cheese (although the ricotta is less humid than cottage cheese). It is granular, with very little fat and while it s more common to find cottage cheese made with cow milk , in the case of the ricotta, it is more popular made with sheep or even Buffalo or goat milk.
Its been a long time that I wanted to make a lemon cheese cake because they are more juicy than those that do not incorporate dairy such as yogurt or buttermilk, so I decided to try. This is the result after 3 attempts.
Definitely, and despite my unconditional love for olive oil, the cake that incorporates butter seems more unctuous and delicate. In my first try I used oil (half olive half sunflower because I wanted to keep alive the flavors of the cake and not turn them off with the rich flavor of olive oil). In my second attempt, I used 2 parts butter and one of oil, and tfinally in the third try, which was the best for me, I only used good quality butter, (I used butter from Soria) , and the result was that my son and I ate it all watching a movie!. I hope you enjoy it as much as we.did.
- 220 g well beaten ricotta cheese €1.50
- 70ml milk 0.04
- zest of two lemons €0,20
- the juice of two lemons freshly squeezed €0,20
- 300 g sugar or 320 g of brown sugar €0.22
- 230 g butter €1,15
- 3 large eggs at room temperature €0.37
- 300 g flour €0.16
- 50 g of flour of corn €0.23
- a pinch of salt €0.02
- 2 teaspoons of powdered yeast €0.15
Total 4.24 coming among the 10 generous portions that you will have with these amounts to €0.42 portion. A delicious cake for a fantastic price.
The beautiful tea strainer hat I add icing sugar to decorate the cake as well as the wooden reamer that I like so much are from from Tala Cooking
1. Heat the oven to 180 º. Grease well the pan you are going to use and set aside
2. Using a minipimer or blender, beat the cheese until you get a creamy paste. Add the milk and mix. Add the juice and skin of the two lemons and mix well. There's got to be a uniform cream. Book.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until it changes the color to a tone very clear. Add sugar and continue mixing on medium-high speed until the mixture is foamy (about 2-3 minutes). Then add the eggs one by one and continue mixing on medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth.
4. In a bowl, mix the flour with the yeast, salt and cornstarch.
5. With the help of a spoon, and with the Blender at medium-low speed, gradually add flour mixture alternating with cream cheese:: two tablespoons of flour, mix well, two tablespoons of cream cheese with lemon and mix well. When we have incorporated it completely, raise the speed to medium-high and beat for a few more minutes.
6 Pour the mixture over the mold and bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes. If you use a Nordicware mold like me, wait 10 minutes before unmolding the cake. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
7 Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
- Use a cheese cheese if you prefer, but you'll have to beat well to make a uniform cream
- Prepare it in individual molds that you can freeze and defrost as you need them
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10
Hello! Watch a question, why you went out so dark? Thank you
Hello again Chus, so dark is the kind of mold. Nordic Ware molds that are what soil to use, have a thickness very large aluminum which makes the cake comes out very smooth and with a toasted very uniform. A kiss and thanks for writing
Hello! I made the cake I was fatal! But fatal! I don't know that I did wrong, type marzipan left me a mazacote and few times I had gone so wrong a biscuit! Nothing fluffy a very tight crumb go penalty. If you can I would like me
Hi Chus, maybe not are what tell you. Many people has made this cake and it has left them well. The last blog Anna Anna easy recipes and see how it came out
So dark is the kind of mold. Nordic Ware molds that are what soil to use, have a thickness very large aluminum which makes the cake comes out very smooth and with a toasted very uniform.
As for your sponge cake, did you beat the cheese well to make it look like a cream? Another important thing is the blender. You must use an electric mixer to put enough air in the mix and make it fluffy. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you. I'm so sorry and I hope I helped you. A kiss
Did I just throw it away?
What do you have it pull? I do not understand do not you out?
Hello, I also look bad, very hard the dough, add quite milk when I finish to see how it is, I have it in the oven but gives me that it is masacote...
Mary Joseph, for I hope you did well. I've made this cake many times or it always goes well. You can see this what Annarecetasfaciles did following kk recipe and I stay with me.
It is very important to beat the cheese until you get a creamy paste that stays well with milk and lemon juice and that is what makes it creamy. Eggs should be large as the recipe indicates and if not add one more, but following the instructions you should not have any problems. I hope you got rich, a hug and you'll tell me
Let's see, taste is fine, but the dough does not convince me, quite compact, I followed as the steps, with blender everything, but while I made it give me the sensation q the amount of flour was going to be a lot. Well, thank you anyway!
Thanks to you beautiful and I hope next time it will work out for you. A hug