This Taos sandwich is the perfect novelty to accompany you on the beach, picnic in the countryside or to drink at home so richly.
You can leave it prepared and take it away, or it can be a perfect dinner with a movie. You just have to give it a heat stroke and voila!
For the filling
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil1 pound chopped chicken, pork or beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons chipotle chili powder for your taste
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 / 4-1 / 2 teaspoon crushed dried chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch of salt
For the sandwich
- 6 spicy corn tortillas with eaten, chili powder, cilantro powder
- a little extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Cubed Monterey cheese
- 1 poblano pepper or Jalapeño finely chopped
- 6 large wheat tortillas
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups grated romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh cilantro, limes, avocado and hot sauce, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200 C.
In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the meat and onion. Cook, releasing the meat with the help of a wooden spatula dune for about 5 minutes.
Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano and salt. Add 3/4 cup of water.
Simmer until the sauce has evaporated slightly around the chicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
In the meantime, we make the corn tortillas. Take a baking plate and grease it lightly with olive oil. bake 6 minutes. We turn them over, sprinkle with our spices and bake for another 4-5 minutes, until golden brown.
To assemble the sandwich, heat a large tortilla for 20 seconds in the microwave, then paint with water. We put it on the work surface and put in the center a layer of the meat, sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, and a little gouda cheese, and a pinch of peppers.
Add a crispy corn tortilla and put yogurt, hot sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro. Place 1 small tortilla on top, paint with water, and fold the edges of the large tortilla, pressing to seal. Repeat with the rest.
Heat half a teaspoon of oil in a pan, and put one of the taco packets. Cook 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown. Serve hot with avocado, hot sauce, yogurt, cilantro, salsa, whatever you like!
Tips and Tricks
- You can prepare the ingredients in advance
- You can make them with time and give them a warm-up in the oven once prepared
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 30 minutes