This homemade homemade bread recipe made with seeds has become our companion every morning.
It is a very simple bread to prepare and with a delicious flavor. The best thing is that it doesn't matter what the ingredients mix with: electric mixer, by hand with a stick spoon or with your hands.
The rest of the work is done by rest. A slow twice rest that causes the crumb to then taste like blessed glory. That and the honey that gives this bread a very rich touch.
Everyone takes it as he likes: some with a little oil and toast, Javi takes it in the form of a sandwich and I prepare with him my favorite toast.
Just crush a ripe avocado and put some fresh coriander and salt on it. You put the mixture on the delicious homemade wholemeal bread and on top we put some turkey breast. With this I start the day happy and with a lot of energy
- 170 ml warm water (no more than 35 degrees)
- 170ml warm milk
- 7g baker's dried yeast or 20g fresh baker's yeast
- 5 g salt
- 65g flower honey
- 14g AOVE
- 355 wholemeal flour
- 100 g of flour strength
- 35 g of varied seeds (flax, sesame, sunflower and pumpkin pipoas... the ones you like the most)
In a bowl of electric mixer we mix water, milk, yeast, salt, honey and AOVE
In the same bowl, add the flour and mix with the electric mixer blade (or with a wooden spoon or with a Danish mixer). We knead for about 10 minutes. It is important that the dough is even and that there are no lumps of un mixed flour left, but we can mix by hand, spoon or blender, as we preferred.
Let stand for 2 hours until it doubles its volume. My trick to resting the doughs is to turn on the oven at 50 degrees for a few minutes, and then leave the light on. Cover. I use a shower cap of those that give in the hotels and that I have only to rest the dough. I wash it every time and reuse it over and over again. It works very well because it fits any mold and any size. The dough will be more flexible and softer.
Grease the pan with a little extra virgin olive oil, tying it well around the corners, or with a grease spray. My mold is 24 x 13 but don't worry if it varies a bit. i is shorter or a little narrower will grow a little more and ready.
We take the dough out we put some oil on the countertop so that it can form well and that it does not stick. We knead lightly and form with our hands a ball tightening the dough. We give slightly elongated shape to the dough and place it in the greased bowl. we cover with film paper or the shower cap that we have for the doughs and let stand for an hour and 45 minutes.
We preheat the oven to 175 degrees, heat up and down.
When the oven is hot, put the pan in, let it bake for about 50-55 minutes until golden brown and when you hit it with your knuckles the bread sounds hollow.
Let's unmould when it no longer needs and let it cool completely on a rack. It is important to leave to cool completely before cutting it as otherwise the crumb is cluttered and there will be no full and beautiful slices.
Tips and Tricks
- I always make twice as much dough: sometimes I bake two loaves, cut them into slices and make them.
- Other times I make the dough and once it has rested for the first two hours, I leave it resting in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. The day I want to bake the sack, boleo forming the ball, put it in the pan and let it rest for 1 hour and 45 minutes. We bake and fresh bread again
- You can put the seeds you like the most
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 20 minutes plus more baked rest (5 hours in total)
- Rations: about 14 slices come out