Banana muffins with chocolate and oats without sugar and without blender. That's how it sounds. And they're perfect for afternoons when you can't stand without candy but you don't want to take extra sugar.
They're not calorie-free, but the sugar they carry is honey and banana and spread across 14 units, so they're quite acceptable, don't you think? Besides, they're crazy, shall we go after them!
- 4 well-ripe Canarian bananas
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 120g peel or wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- a handful of oatffs
For decorating the cake
- 60g dark chocolate
We preheat the oven to 180 degrees. We prepare a baking tray with the paper molds for muffins and reserve
In a large bowl, we crushthe bananas with the help of a fork. Mix with the oil, eggs and vanilla until combined well.
Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg and salt, and mix until well integrated. Add the chocolate pieces and mix again.
Fill the prepared paper molds. Cover the muffins with oatmeal flakes on top and bake for about 16-18 minutes or until pricking with a toothpick in the center, it comes out clean.
When the muffins are warm we melt the chocolate and with the help of a spoon we drop a few strands of chocolate on top
Tips and Tricks
- Add a handful of chopped walnuts
- They freeze very well
- Preparation time: 30 mimutos
- Dificulyad: easy
- Servings: 14