Birds love to my son. Chicken is undoubtedly one of their favorite foods, like partridges, and especially quail. I usually make baked with many spices because I love to use them in place of chicken Pastilla. It is more work but the taste is fine, and I always have to remember to do some more for it because she loves.
I thought having a chicken with chestnuts, but I have one with foie gras and brioche there saved to publish very prontito. Was it the who encouraged me to use quail in this recipe, and after seeing the result, I think that it was right of the.
Quail has a more delicate than chicken meat and are also serving, which makes serving until just as beautiful in the casserole. There is cut into pieces and we must not fight to see side is to the thigh or breast (my favorite part). Let me know what you think about you. I just can say that five minutes after these photos, no longer had the memory...
- 2 quails €3.00
- 1 medium onion €0,20
- 1 shallot €0.15
- 2 garlic cloves €0.10
- 2 Bay leaves €0.07
- 2 cloves €0.05
- a bit of nutmeg €0.03
- 2 sticks of cinnamon €0.25
- 8 peeled chestnuts €2,00
- 1 glass of red wine €0,50
- 1 glass of water €0.02
- 1/2 teaspoon of bovril beef concentrate €0.25
- 10 ml of olive oil extra virgin €0.34
- Salt to taste €0.02
Total €4.98, i.e. €2.49 per each quail with lining. Not bad for a delicate and original dish.
1 saute the onion, garlic and the shallots with the olive oil in a saucepan until it is well poached.
2. Add quail and Brown well on both sides. Add the bald, cinnamon, nutmeg and pepper. Give a few turns and add the wine. Let boil for a few minutes until alcohol has evaporated and add water and meat concentrate. Cook over heat medium for about 20 minutes until the chestnuts are tender.
3 Remove from heat and remove quail and chestnuts.
4. With the help of a blender, mash up the sauce and use a colander to get a thin sauce.
5 Return sauce to the pan and add the quails with the chestnuts and bring to a boil.
6 Serve very hot with the chestnuts.
- Try to make this recipe with a baby chicken or a spring chicken. Increasing the cooking time it will be delicious
- Replaced nuts with walnuts or hazelnuts. You will notice a different but equally delicious touch
- Save the leftover sauce to accompany grilled meats
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 40 minutes
- Seating: 2