This orange cake can be baked in a large mold or we can bake it in the form of mini biscuits. When Christmas arrives I always do it that way because it is a perfect detail to give to our guests on Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve to have breakfast the next day.
I use tiny molds because I can bake them all at once. As you are going to ask me, Here I leave the link to those I use. They are made of silicone and unmold very well. But of course you can use lopsque you have at home and you can also use a large rectangular one and count individual portions. Then you wrap them with cellophane paper and decorate as I have done and there are also super cutes.
In the end at this time, you do not need to spend much to have uy nice detail with our family or maihos and I assure you that the face of happiness with which they leave through the door is worth it.
- 250 g sugar
- 1 whole orange
- 3 eggs
- 150 g butter*
- 1 skimmed yogurt**
- 250 g flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (boosting)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or pure vanilla extract
Cut the washed and whole orange into small pieces.
Heat the butter in the microwave for 50 seconds. It doesn't matter if it melts or if there are a few whole pieces left. Without we are going to make the cake by hand, then we can melt it completely.
We put them in a bowl along with the eggs and sugar and with the help of a mini primer or food processor crush.
Then add the skimmed yogurt and butter and grind again.
Sift the flour with the help of a strainer and add the salt, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla. Crush until you get a smooth cream.
Fill the molds and bake about 20 minutes until when you prick them in the center, the toothpick comes out clean (so we know they are ready).
Let être 10 and 15 minutens unmold notes cool and let them cool completely on a rack.
When they are completely cold, we put them in a cellophane paper bag – I leave the link here (We can also cut a piece of cellophane paper and wrap them.) We tie them with a piece of natural jute cord and put a cinnamon stick and a branch of fresh rosemary to decorate. We can also put a card with the name of the guest.
Tips and Tricks
- *You can replace it with soft olive oil or sunflower oil
- ** You can replace the skimmed yogurt with 125 ml of cream for cooking or evaporated milk. The reason for using skimmed yogurt or cream for cooking that has half the fat is that we do not need more fat for the biscuits to come out perfect. You can of course use normal yogurt or normal cream. They will simply have more fat
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 12 min biscuits