Scones with jam is something you can not miss when we tale an English tea. Today Loleta brings you a little piece of Britain, a piece of the United Kingdom so that you can have a true English tea.
- 600 g flour
- 75 g sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 240 g of butter cut into 1 cm cubes and cool at least 10 minutes
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml of milk
- 150 ml of liquid cream
- In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Add the cold butter and rub with fingertips until you reach a sand-like consistency. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix eggs, milk and cream in a bowl and beat lightly. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Tip the eggs into the flour mixture and mix lightly until no lumps (better do it with a wooden spoon or knife tip). Cool for 10 minutes.
- Flour the work surface. Turn out the dough and cover with a little flour. With the help of hands crush until you have about 3 cm of thickness
- Using a round cutter cut scones and place them on a baking tray. Make a ball with cutouts and repeat the process. Bake for about 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 170 ° and continue baking for 10 more minutes. They are ready when they are golden, they have risen quite and look great!
Photos courtesy of Miriam Robledo, TV Channel Canal Cocina