These carrot cake cookies with some of my favorites since I tried them a long time ago and today I bring them to you as an option of healthier cookies that are prepared in a little while and only with a wooden spoon and a bowl.
You don't need more to have the richest bite you can imagine with a flavor of so much carrot and also healthy.
To finish I will tell you that you can take them with or without frosting, stuffed or simply decorated. either way I'm sure they will conquer your heart. Give them a chance and you'll tell me
- 90 g oatmeal
- 125 g almond flour (ground almonds)
- 120 g brown sugar
- 90 g whole wheat or spelt flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon and a half ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 180 g peeled and grated carrot
- 1 egg
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or pure vanilla extract
- 125 g chopped pecans
- 40 g of raisins (optional, I did not put them)
For the cream cheese frosting
- 125 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 40 g icing sugar
Heat the oven to 175°C.
In a bool mix the oats, almond flour, sugar, whole wheat flour, salt, yeast, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
In another bowl, beat the egg, add the vanilla, oil and beat well. Add the carrot and mix.
Add the wet ingredients to the oatmeal mixture and mix (I always use my Danish whisk (click here to see it) because it's super comfortable and I don't have to use a blender.
Add the nuts and mix again.
We form balls the size of a ping pong ball and crush them slightly with our hand.
Bake for 18-20 minutes until the edges begin to brown. We take them out of the oven and let them cool on a rack.
For the glaze mix all the ingredients in a bowl with some rods. We can make sandwich cookies but i find them richer one by one so what I do is decorate the cookies with a little frosting on top. It's that rich!
Tips and Tricks
- You can use coconut sugar or normal white sugar
- You can use white wheat flour, or white slender flour
- You can use the nut you like best
- You can freeze them stuffed or unfilled
- Filling is optional
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 35 minutes
- Servings: about 24 cookies