With this birthday cake to celebrate the birthday blog. 5 years old are who have passed dede Loleta began to tell you recipes and travel, and the truth is that they seem to me more because it's been very good things.
This last year I've done much TV and I have discovered that I enjoy this. And lately I have finally started with my adventure on Youtube. It was number one on my list of goals for this year is that I can not be still
Best of all are still being you. I love to count with you., know that you are there, I write and ask me. Thank you for hosting me as well and follow me. And I hope to see you all for the nets.
But a birthday is nothing without cake and gifts.
Birthday cake you are already seeing the colorful and fun that is. It is a cake that taught me how to make Cristina Tossi, the pastry-chef of Momofuku, one of the best restaurants in New York at your branch for desserts Momofuku Milk Bar, where he develops all the desserts for restaurants and events Momofuku. A super cake will be.
I was lucky to learn from her some of his creations star, and this cake I was captivated. Since then I have made it many times, modifying and replacing flavors and ingredients (which my mother prefers is the mango and chocolate). But this today's birthday cake is the favorite of my son.
It is a birthday cake fun, full of colorful and flavorful vanilla. The most characteristic is that it does not use natural pure vanilla, if no aroma of vanilla. Here You can find her Wilton brand.
So does not need to be your birthday, also can be made by the communion of your niece for a farewell at work, a party or because you feel like it. It's beautiful and is very rich, and remember that if I can do it you also. It is not only difficult to entertaining, so get up and do not forget to send me your photo that I love to see how you have been. And don't forget to watch the video to learn more about birthday gifts. Happy birthday!
For the birthday cake
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 105 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 110 g of buttermilk - can be replaced with the same amount of creamy nonfat yogurt or the same amount of milk with a tablespoon of lemon juice (this cso must let stand 10 minutes)
- 8 g of clear vanilla extract
- 6 g baking powder
- 245 g flour
- 3 g of salt
- 65 g of vegetable seeds oil
- 80 g of rainbow sprinkles (60 g + 20 g)
For crumbs or birthday crumble
- 100 g sugar
- 25 g of brown sugar
- 20 g of rainbow sprinkles
- 80 g flour
- 2 g baking powder
- 10 g of cornstarch
- 12 g of clear vanilla extract
- 40 g of seed oil
For the birthday cake syrup
- 55 g of milk
- 4 g clear vanilla extract
For the frosting's birthday
- 165 g of butter at room temperature
- 1 g baking powder
- 25 g of glucose or corn syrup
- 55 g of cream cheese
- 150g icing sugar
- 12 g of clear vanilla extract
- 2 g salt
- a few drops of lemon juice (or citric acid but here no e is easily)
1 preheat the oven to 175C. Place on a 22 x 33 cm baking tray approximately a foil baking pan and grease it. Book
2. mix the flour, yeast, salt and 60 g of noodles of colors in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix the buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
3. using an electric mixer speed to medium, beat granulated sugar, butter, and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
4 Add eggs one to one, beating to combine between additions and occasionally get whatever remains at the sides and at the bottom of the bowl. Continue beating the mixture, occasionally get whatever remains at the sides and at the bottom of the bowl, until almost doubled in volume and the mixture is very light, airy and pale yellow, about 4 minutes.
5. with the mixer on the lowest speed, add the buttermilk mixture until incorporated. Add dry ingredients, beating until well mixed, about 1 minute.
6. with a spatula, scrape the walls and the bottom and tip the mixture into the baking tray. Sprinkle with the rest of the noodles of colors and bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake is golden brown and Pierce with a toothpick comes out clean.
7. remove the cake from the oven and cool on a rack and if you hurry, you can chill it in the refrigerator or freezer. So Cristina taught it to me, and works because the cake is very thin and does not suffer in the texture. If you won't be using immediately, once cold wrap well in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
For the crispy crumbs or crumble
8 Preheat oven to 150 c. Place a baking envelope paper a baking tray. Book
9. mix flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, noodles of colors, yeast, and salt in a medium bowl.
10 Add the oil and the vanilla, and using your hands, mix until everything is well blended and large lumps when the mixture is pressure. As if you were doing a crumble, spread on the baking prepared by putting the mixture into pieces (some small, some large).
11 bake, stirring occasionally, until the crumble is golden coloured clear and crisp, 10-12 minutes (will harden as it cools). Allow to cool completely. Wrap the crumbs in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 5 days.
For the frosting
12 combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl of an electric mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
13. with a spatula, scrape the walls and the bottom and slowly add 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract and corn syrup. Beat until mixture is smooth and silky bright white color, about 3 minutes.
14. with a spatula, scrape the walls and the bottom and, with the mixer in low, add icing sugar, salt, baking powder and lemon juice, until they are well combined. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until a shiny, soft, white icing to form about 4 minutes
15. you can make in advance and store in an airtight pot without air for a week in the fridge.
For the Assembly:
16. with the help of a kitchen about 15 cm ring, cut 2 circles of cake. The remains will help us form the layer below.
17. Insert a base and over the ring on which we are going to assemble the cake. Cover by inside with a strip of acetate. Put in the base cake remains pressing with the year to form a flat layer and you are not holes uncovered.
18 mix ingredients syrup (milk and vanilla) and with a kitchen brush or spoon, paint the base of the cake, moistening it.
19. put 3 tablespoons of frosting on the cake, and with the back of a spoon to spread well on all the cake. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crunchy crumbs (crumble) evenly over the frosting and put pressure to remain stuck in the frosting. Cover with other 3 tablespoons of frosting and the part of the back of a spoon to spread well.
20. now lay another strip of acetate on which we had already put. In this way we will climb to the height of our mold. Place one cake on circles (save the more beautiful for the last layer that is above) and repeat with the syrup, the frosting and the crumbs ending with another layer of frosting.
21 place the last layer of cake on top. Wet the sponge cake and cover with the remaining frosting and flatten it well. Completion depends on each one but in the Milk Bar they end it with the frosting as flat as possible. Finish covering with crunchy crumbs.
22 put the cake in the freezer and freeze at least three hours (can be frozen up to 2 weeks) so that the cake is compact and does not break. Three hours before serving the cake, remove from the freezer. Remove the ring and the acetates, and let defrost in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours (in the fridge will hold up to 4 days)
- It's a spectacular cake, and is not difficult although laborious, so we have made parts in advance: sponge cake, frosting (cream) and the crunchy crumbs in advance and assemble the cake the day before that let's you take.
- Preparation time: 3 hours longer than chilled (6 hours)
- Difficulty: medium-high but more by the order and the steps that we must take, which because of the difficulty
- Servings: 10