I love challenges and normally I accept them always unless we talk about zip lines or bridges in which case I do it with closed eyes to not see...
Today's recipe is a Lekue challenge to make a different Burger, and although I have some published, decided that Yes, mostly because they make burgers reminds me of a very special friend that it is no longer among us, so he is dedicated to ti champion!
It was clear to me that it would be an italian burger , but with a different twist.
The fresh basil bread turned out great. Soft and light like a milk bread but with a beautiful color and a perfect touch of Basil. On top some slightly toasted white sesame that made it even better
The meat combined with scamorza cheese and almonds is also really good. Peppers of the piquilo jam and the Dijon mustard did the rest. It is delicious with a spicy and sweet and sour touch. So you let me know what you think. I hope you enjoy them!
For the burger meat
- 500 g of Red beef without much fat €4,00
- 100 g smoked scamorza cheese (can use any smoked cheese that you like) €0.80
- 20 g of almonds marcona unroasted €0.65
- 10 grains of pepper rose €0.15
- a tip of dry chile flakes (they are seeds of peppers and chop a lot but my I love!) €0.08
- an egg €0.12
- salt to taste €0.01
For the bread
- 220 g flour strength €0.12
- 50 g of fresh yeast €0.45
- 20 g fresh basil €1,30
- 45 ml water €0,02
- 45 ml milk €0.03
- a pinch of salt €0.01
- 15 g sugar €0.01
- 20 g of butter €0.09
- 1 egg €0.12
To assemble the Hamburger
- a few slices of serrano ham €0.85
- a few slices of smoked provolone 0.90 cheese
- a bit of jam of piquillo peppers €0.75
- a teaspoon of Dijon mustard €0.45
- two tablespoons of mayonnaise €0,20
- a shallot minced €0.30
Total €11.38, decor is €0.95 per each mini Burger that comes with these ingredients. Of luxury!
1 Chop the scamorza cheese and almonds as small as possible.
2. in a bowl, mix all the ingredients of the Burger until they are well linked. If they were very loose you can add a tablespoon of bread crumbs to make it a better. With the help of the Lékué mold, form patties and press them so are all equal. Book.
3. In a food processor, grind the fresh basil with butter and flour.
4. In a bowl, mix the sugar, fresh yeast and 15 ml of water and mix well.
5. Add the mixture of flour and Basil along with the rest of the bread ingredients. Knead: we can use the robot's kitchen if you have function of kneading, or the electric mixer if you have kneading hook or you may use your own hands with a bit of olive oil.
6. The mixture will be a little sticky so with oil in your hands, make a ball with the dough and let stand covered for 15 minutes.
7. After the 15 minutes, make 40 g of bread balls and put them on bread molds. Press with your hand and let stand another 15 minutes. Turn on the oven to 50 degrees meanwhile.
8 Turn the oven off and let the bread stand covered for 30 minutes inside the warm oven. IN the meantime, chop your shallots and brown them a little in a hot pan. Reserve apart.
9 Remove from oven and turn it to 220 degrees. Meanwhile paint the rolls with egg white and sprinkle with toasted white sesame. When oven is ready, put the rolls and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
10 cool on a wire rack. In a pan sauté the shallots chopped during a couple e minute.
11. assemble burgers: mix in a bowl the mustard with mayonnaise. Spread the two parts of muffins with this sauce. Place the meat on top and above it a slice of cheese, provolone and sauteed shallots. Over a little marmalade sauce. We crowned with a slice of ham and over a bit of Arugula. I love the contrast of flavors. I hope that you also!
- Flavored bread with your favorite herb or even dare with paprika
- Replaced the almonds with your favorite nuts
- If you don't like jam, use tomato ketchup in its place
- Difficulty: easy
- Preparation time: 90 minutes
- Servings: 10 small burgers