Today quinoa salad. Ye is well into the new year, ended last weekend post Magi, and the return to normality has made that my scale, which has been avoiding me all Christmas, has sung me today the forty. The result? I have yielded to the evidence: must be tucked into the waist until it is too late.
And it is that it's time to lose those extra pounds that relaxation and so much food have made me take. But I do not suffer, only take care of myself a little and move me from my beloved couch. And to start today, I bring you this salad from quinoa with tomatoes and Avocados. It is a very easy and well balanced salad and above all, it is very rich. As it is Mint and cilantro taste is very fresh, and the quinoa has a satiating effect that does not go hungry and is digested very well.
Quinoa is the rice of the incas, a very common cereal in countries such as Bolivia and Peru, and grown in the Andes. You can take in a thousand ways and there are many people that even the kitchen as if it were rice, giving you thousand different possibilities. Its high protein content It makes a very complete food and over is delicious.
But my as my favorite is salad. It allows me to integrate any ingredient and is one of those dishes that are as cous cous take advantage of leftovers in my fridge, which these days is brimming with leftover dinners and luncheons.
- 300 g of quinoa €3,90
- 1 liter and a half of water €0.10
- 3 avocados 2.50
- 2 cucumber €0.35
- 4 tomatoes €0.90
- 150 g of mozzarella cheese €0.93
- a bunch of fresh chives €0.50
- a basil leaves €0,20
- coriander leaves €0.15
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil €0.17
- average orange juice
- Salt €0.02
- 1-2 tablespoons sherry vinegar €0.08
Total €9.80 which among six rations we have with these quantities, is €1.64. Come! It is worth trying to lose those extra pounds do not you think?
1 wash the quinoa until water runs clear. In a pan put 3 parts of water on the one hand of quinoa
2 simmering middle for 15 minutes, or until the grain is to the date. It is important to not cook it more. When it is ready, remove from heat, strain and cool it with water to make cut for doneness. Book.
3 wash and Peel tomatoes, chop them well into small cubes and put them in a bowl. Book
3 chop the avocado into small cubes. Peel the cucumbers and cut them into small cubes also. You can chop them as you wish, but my I like to cut them into small cubes to then eat all flavors come in a fork.
4. Add the very chopped spring onion (I love the flavor of the chives in salads because it gives a much smoother than the onion flavor, so fear not enough use because in addition to a beautiful color to the salad, it gives a unique flavor).
5. grate the mozzarella cheese and add to the salad bowl.
6. in a bowl, add a little salt, oil, orange juice and vinegar and move well. Pour onto our salad and mix
7 let stand the salad seasoned for about 10 minutes so that the quinoa take all the flavor. Serve at room temperature.
- To ascertain the point of dressing, if you are not very experienced, it is better to do it in a bowl: put the salt, oil and vinegar and with a fork beat as if it were an egg. Thus the oil emulsify. We test and taste until you get the flavor that you like most: more vinegar if we want more uploaded acidity or little vinegar if you don't like us. We pour over salad and move well.
- Add your favorite raw vegetables
- Preparation time: 15 minutes more 10 minutes of rest
- Difficulty: easy
- Servings: 6