“The boredom has a cure as far as you have friends”
Basilicata is a region of Italy which is wedged between the lands of Calabria and Apulia, on the south. Form the concave part of the Italian boot, on the shores of the Tyrrhenian Sea. It's a little known region to which you have to want to get because you will never get there accidentally, however, the traveler finds a quiet place in which you rarely find a tourist.
It is a fertile land that makes living together meat and vegetables in the gasronomy of this region: beans, potatoes, Artichokes, pimientos, and as in this recipe, Eggplant. The cuisine is very aromatic based on local products, very suitable for vegetarians that includes a wide variety of dishes based on vegetables, ideal for healthy and Mediterranean and lovers.
Another essential ingredient is its spicy paprika, they call “little red devil”, omnipresent in all dishes, and, its famous throughout Italy, sausage Lucania (as it has been named to the region in the past) which are sausages made with first quality pork, salt, pepper, and fennel.
Among the variety of vegetable dishes that its cuisine offers, I made a simple adjustment and personnel Eggplant. The original recipe did not include dried tomatoes, but it seemed to me a good idea to enrich it with personal touch, and I think I was right. As you can see, it is an entire Mediterranean dish, healthy and delicious, suitable as a starter or, as main dish. An easy way for a summer lunch or dinner.
Are you prepared to go to the kitchen? Let's go to the kitchen and get started!!!
- Level of difficulty: Easy
- For: 4 people
- Preparation time: 30 for minutes
- 4 medium eggplants 0,89 €
- 4 dried tomatoes 0,45 €
- 2 garlic cloves 0,08 €
- 1 small bunch of parsley 0,12 €
- basil leaves 0,20 €
- olive oil, salt and black pepper 0,35 €
- a little (75 grs) de queso mozzarella rallado 0,50 €
Total 2,59 € between four people 0,65 €. A healthy recipe, simple and delicious.
- Knives and cutting boards
- A Pyrex tray or you can go to the oven.
This dish goes well with a rosé wine. I like very much Mateus Rosse, a Portuguese wine that is taken very cold and that you will love. It is a young wine, fresh, fruity and versatile. Excellent appetizers, and ideal to accompany Chinese and Italian food, barbecues, salads and fish, 3,64 €
1. Turn oven to 180 º.
2. Remove out (tail with green leaves) aubergines and wash well. Cut them in half lengthwise, sprinkle with salt and put them on a plate inclined with a weight on top so that they release all the bitter water.
3. Chop the parsley, basil leaves and garlic.
4. Rinse the eggplant well, dry them and make cuts in each half in the top, and put inside the chopped herbs.
5. Placing the cut side up, in a greased baking dish with oil. Top with chopped dried tomatoes. Bake at 180 degrees for at least 30 mitutes until soft..
6. Turn on the grill. Cover the eggplant with a little shredded mozzarella cheese and broil until they are golden on top. An easy dish, rich and very light, Now we are in full operation bikini. Suitable for summer recipes.